Pure Lead

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm running low on Pure Lead. I see RotoMetals sells 5lb nuggets at $2.26 per pound. Anybody know of a place that sells it cheaper? I don't trust the junk yards, nor do I have access locally that has pure lead for sell and my club won't allow me to screen the backstop.

Thanks...Ed

I get mine from plumbing shops but as far as clean lead rotometals is the cheapest iv found.

Don't shy away from scrap yards - look for lead sheet as used in old bathrooms, roof flashing, etc... even with some oxidation, it will still yield great soft bullets. Also, lead pipe is soft..
I bought 100 pounds at Friendship for $120. Most I've ever paid..
Added some to my pure lead pot and casted some 50 cal 475gr HP bullets. Rough calculation puts 100 # = 1400+ bullets, also about 8 cents a bullet.

Sorry you can't find any locally.

+1 on the scrapyards i paid 80 cents a pound the last 100lbs i got {i thought it was over a $1 a pound but i didn't complain tho},all i get is sheet lead or plumbing lead.They don't have it all the time so i just keep going back to look.
I would send you some Ed but the cost of shipping from here is crazy.

Ed Monday CBSA sent back most of the shipping charges on that package you sent me thanks again.Wish i could help on the lead but my other offer still stands when you get some lead.

Latest posts

Back