T/C Impact ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with one long term? One of my kids wants a break action and funds are tight. I remember seeing a few reports of the barrels rusting easily. Anyone had this issue?

I remember there is a member on the forum with an Impact that says it shoots great and he was very happy with it. Muzzle-loader.com has the blued version on sale for $198.

I've had an Impact for several years. It wears a Nikon Pro Staff 2X7 and is a very accurate gun using either 777 pellets or Pyrodex pellets. I've recently started burning the BH209 and have been pretty happy with the results. This gun really likes the 300 grain, .44 caliber XTPs in a Hornady green sabot.

I think anything using the Pyrodex or T7 powders/pellets one has to be religious about cleaning to prevent rusting. My three trips to the range with this gun and 209 ended with a simple cleaning using Hoppes #9 each time. I have never noticed or experienced any rust developing anywhere on the rifle.

The Impact I have has killed a bunch of deer in all kinds of crap weather. Living and hunting in Minnesota weather has plenty of challenges in preventing rust but as mentioned I haven't had any issues at all.

My buddy has an Impact that I helped him dial in. He put a Cabela's Powderhorn scope on it and was shooting minute of deer within one range session with 100gr of BH209 and Hornady 240 gr XTPs. I would have spent more time playing with the powder but minute of deer is good enough for him.

I am storing the gun for him while he is overseas. His has the weathershield coating (not a fan myself). Basically any carbon steel barrel will rust pretty quick if you don't promptly clean it after a session, especially if you are using something other than BH209. I recommend the gun.

I had one and it shot one inch groups with bh209 in any amount 80, 90, 100gr vol. and barnes 250gr T EZ BULLETS. 198.00 is fair price you wont regret it. guy

rangerod said:
I remember there is a member on the forum with an Impact that says it shoots great and he was very happy with it. Muzzle-loader.com has the blued version on sale for $198.
The regular price on the blued gun is $238. The weather guard is another $30. I don't believe it's worth it being just a painted on coating. Save yourself some money that you can put in the scope.

I believe the rust issues you speak of are the blued models with light rust developing on the outside of the barrel. The ones I looked at in the store had this issue. I bought my son the weathershield model and it is well worth the money. It may be a coating but seems tuff with no chipping on our rifles.

Our Impact is a good shooter and serves my son well but I don't like the sliding hood feature, it works but is a cheap way to do it, I like a trigger guard lever better.

I had one. Definitely a "no frills" inline but still TC quality built. I didn't care for the flimsy feel of the stock but it shot great with Pyro RS & 240gr XTP. I sold it to a fella short on money. I've replaced it with an Omega Z5 with T-hole stock.
The majority of my inline hunting and shooting have always been TC and started with the Encore and now am shooting the TC Endeavour :wink:

Back