Blackhorn 209 In Stock at Wally World!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
This is a first, at least around these parts. This is going to be Yuge! Western Powders is going to be real busy, if this is Nation Wide?

I haven't been in a Wal*Mart in a long time, but decided to check out the Muzzleloader section. Low and behold, there it was with the new label, in all its glory. This was just bottled on 07/20/17, so it's real fresh.

Anybody else seeing Blackhorn 209 at your local Wal*Mart? This was in Mid-Michigan.

halloflin said:
How much was it?

I tried to post a picture, but this forum says the pic it to big, even after I compressed it twice.

The price was $36.86, and the Triple Se7en Pellets were $39.93.

Guess which one is much more economical to shoot per shot.

Curious if this is just this one store, a regional thing, or Nation Wide?

a1smokepole said:
That's a new one. can you say end of hunting season sale ?

Right! That's the first thing I thought of also. But haven't seen it on our Wal-Mart shelves yet.

I wonder how many guys who have guns not well suited to Blackhorn, and who don't know any better, will be buying that stuff and have ignition or blow-back problems. I suspect a lot of one weekend a year muzzleloader hunters are in for a surprise.

That information with pictures has been printed on the back of the jug for the last 9 1/2 years. It also has more information on the front and each side panel, including the phone number and website address.

Interesting. I'll have to check our WMart later this week. I've been getting it at a place 40 miles away, so I've been picking up a couple bottles any time I'm heading in that direction.

Semisane said:
I wonder how many guys who have guns not well suited to Blackhorn, and who don't know any better, will be buying that stuff and have ignition or blow-back problems. I suspect a lot of one weekend a year muzzleloader hunters are in for a surprise.

Those folks most likely have problems with whatever they're using. They're the guys who's rifle is still loaded from last deer season and sometime in October or November they might go to the range and see if it will go off.....

It showed up in our Walmart last weekend. I wondered about the people with plunger and percussion guns trying it. This is AR in the high hills when you tell them to be sure to read the directions they start laughing.

Lee 9 said:
It showed up in our Walmart last weekend. I wondered about the people with plunger and percussion guns trying it. This is AR in the high hills when you tell them to be sure to read the directions they start laughing.

Yeah no doubt.

I haven't seen it at mine, at least the last time I looked a few weeks ago. I'll ck again next trip. That would be nice! Everywhere else in my area is $45 a bottle.

I am in Spokane WA.
Not only do none of my local Walmarts, (there are at least 4 that I have been in locally) have Blackhorn 209, they never carry anything related to muzzleloading :( :(

shguns said:
I am in Spokane WA.
Not only do none of my local Walmarts, (there are at least 4 that I have been in locally) have Blackhorn 209, they never carry anything related to muzzleloading :( :(

Not to many places in Pacific Northwest do carry BH-209. All three states require camp ignition and an exposed nipple during ML season

shguns said:
I am in Spokane WA.
I here ya, same here on Long Island. They carry a little ammo, a few cleaning supplies and that is about it. :( I'm headed to Ohio next weekend and will try to stop at the one near home. Then get my Nephew to keep an eye out for me at end of seasons sales. :wink:

Was in the Keene New Hampshire Wally today. Yup, sure enough with the muzzleloading section, there was BH209. $36.86

Busta said:
halloflin said:
How much was it?

I tried to post a picture, but this forum says the pic it to big, even after I compressed it twice.

The price was $36.86, and the Triple Se7en Pellets were $39.93.

Guess which one is much more economical to shoot per shot.

Curious if this is just this one store, a regional thing, or Nation Wide?

Quite the markup on the T7. I purchase it by the case for $15 (box) for either the magnum (60grs) or 50/50's.
Still, if I had my druthers, I'd rather shoot BH.

This had to be a monumental undertaking for Western Powders? Especially, considering that the Blackhorn 209 was just bottled on 7/20/2017!

There is a Wal*Mart store every 20-30 miles here in the Lower Peninsula. I have 4 stores within 30 miles, and I live smack in the middle of all 4, in the boonies of farm country. Around 100 stores in this state alone.

Several thousand stores Nation Wide.

One thing they forgot at Wal*Mart, is that they could have made a killing if they stocked the Blackhorn Breech Plugs to go with all those CVA Wolf and Optima Rifles they sell out of every year. Not to mention to all the previous owners since 2010.

Back