5# Blackhorn 209 available at Poweder Valley with no HazMat

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannhauser

Reaction score
Powder Valley is running a special through the 17th where they will waive HazMat fee if you order $150+ of Accurate, Ramshot, or Norma Powder. A 5lb jug of Blackhorn 209 at $218 satisfies this requirement.

Considering how the price of BH209 seems to creep up every year, and I'm almost out of my last 10 oz bottle I went ahead and bit the bullet for 5#. I thought I'd share in case anyone else feels the need to stock up .

I just went on the site.... is it a coupon code because it is showing the 28$ hazmat fee?

Yes, the code is AugustHaz17.

20882736_1462259450487656_3059289902444527031_n.jpg

When you apply the code what happens is the $28.50 HazMat fee is deducted from your order cost, but is then applied at checkout. A little confusing how they do it, but in the end you aren't paying out of pocket for HazMat in addition to whatever you pay Powder Valley for your order.

Yep, I did the math and it's about the best deal going for BH209. It's a bit of a hit to buy 5# all at once, but I decided cutting back in some of centerfire powder I was eyeing was worth it.

I know I don't shoot my ML as much as some of the guys on this forum, but I'll burn up most of a 10 oz bottle getting comfortable for hunting season. So, might as well stack it deep when the buying's cheap.

Squeeze said:
:D Thanks! Bought another 5# and didnt even need it. 5# @ $220 = 8, 10 oz. @ $27.50 That's about as good as it gets :think:
I did the same here. Thanks for the heads up, Tannhauser.

Geeeez.....I was gonna wait til I got home to order and its out of stock.....womp womp womp..... :(

dave19113 said:
Geeeez.....I was gonna wait til I got home to order and its out of stock.....womp womp womp..... :(

Wow :shock: maybe they only stock a relatively small amount, or else it went fast.

A lot of the bigger reloading sellers have been having free HazMat promotions, so maybe someone else will have something good soon.

I think everyone in the firearms industry is feeling the pinch of a soft market nowadays.

Tannhauser said:
A lot of the bigger reloading sellers have been having free HazMat promotions, so maybe someone else will have something good soon.
Yeah, you have to check their promotions and specials frequently to catch when they occur. I have found that Powder Valley and Midsouth consistently have the lowest price on 5 lb jugs of BH209.

Back