Questions about older Knight plunger guns

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rangerod said:
There is a laminate stock MK85 on GunBroker appears to be in good shape.

I just won a Gunbroker action for a blued MK85 with laminate stock, so maybe the same one.
:D

Tannhauser said:
rangerod said:
There is a laminate stock MK85 on GunBroker appears to be in good shape.

I just won a Gunbroker action for a blued MK85 with laminate stock, so maybe the same one.
:D
I think so. Nice gun at a good price. I'd love one settup with a Williams peep and a globe on the front. Wondering it I can do this with my LK93?

1874sharpsshooter said:
pjsoden said:
I would venture to say $80-$100 in good condition. Stay away from the rusty ones.
I have several MK 85's, even some unfired ones. I wouldn't part with them for 3 to 4 times that money.

Frankly, the only time my searches have shown Knight rifles in the $100 or less range they have shown significant corrosion.

I'm sure people do occasionally score great deals on excellent condition rifles for $100, but that's not a reasonable expectation.

My lam stock blued mk85 54 cal was just shy of $500 just over a year ago, but it was nib and an old rifle with the set screw. My father in laws lam stock blued 54 cal used was right at $400 shipped last month

Tannhauser said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
pjsoden said:
I would venture to say $80-$100 in good condition. Stay away from the rusty ones.
I have several MK 85's, even some unfired ones. I wouldn't part with them for 3 to 4 times that money.

Frankly, the only time my searches have shown Knight rifles in the $100 or less range they have shown significant corrosion.

I'm sure people do occasionally score great deals on excellent condition rifles for $100, but that's not a reasonable expectation.
That was in reference to LK's. Not MK's.

Love my MK-85's. I still have 4, have owned, bought, and sold quite a few. My experience is you can find a SS model for $250-$300 in VGC if you are patient. To me they are an excellent all around rifle that will shoot about anything you stuff in them. I prefer the #11 ignition... it is flawless. :yeah:

WV Hunter said:
Love my MK-85's. I still have 4, have owned, bought, and sold quite a few. My experience is you can find a SS model for $250-$300 in VGC if you are patient. To me they are an excellent all around rifle that will shoot about anything you stuff in them. I prefer the #11 ignition... it is flawless. :yeah:

The one I just bought was that price range, just blued finish with a laminate stock. If I overpaid it wasn't by much and I'll have some time to work up a load before ML season.

I plan to keep this MK-85 #11 ignition and it will be my strictly 777 inline.

I bought a blued, walnut stocked MK 85 about 5 years ago as a parts gun. The receiver had some pitting and the first 2 " of the bore was rusted. Cleaned the rust and pitting the best I could. It shoots damn near as good as my MK-95's. Lucked into it for $50.00!

Tannhauser said:
WV Hunter said:

The one I just bought was that price range, just blued finish with a laminate stock. If I overpaid it wasn't by much and I'll have some time to work up a load before ML season.

I plan to keep this MK-85 #11 ignition and it will be my strictly 777 inline.

You're gonna like it! If you can find RWS 1075 caps, they are the best, imo. Most of mine shoot real well with 90-100gr, and 240-260gr bullets...but they will shoot alot of loads well. My favorite deer hunting bullet is .429/240 Deep Curls w green crush rib. :yeah:

Back