Dave Anderson - Cayuga/Cayugad

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't believe he is gone. He had so much knowledge and expirence and was willing to share it all.

This is not only a bad week for all of us but also for me as I just lost my dad. He fought a brave battle with cancer but in the end he lost. The only good thing is knowing he is with my mom now and is no longer suffering.

Dave's screen name "Cayuga" was the township he lived in NW Wisconsin. About an hour or so east of the town of superior. He owned the hoise/cabin for years then after he retired sold his house and his rental properties and moved up there permanently. He was a retired police officer if I remember right.

I really wish photobucket wouldn't have screwed things up. Dave had hundreds if not thousands of informative and cool posts over the years.

Ed- very sorry to hear about your Dad. He is in a better place pain free now.

I bought a Green Mountain Stainless .50 Caliber fast twist barrel from Mr Anderson, we visited on the phone for a good hour trading stories.

Here is a story Dave told me about a turkey hunt with an old double barrel 12 Gauge Muzzleloader, He had a Gobbler coming in and he got set up on him, when the Gobbler got in Range Dave let him have it with both barrels, his intention was 1 barrel, but somehow touched off both? Dave told me he wasn't concerned if he had got the Gobbler or not? He was more focused on getting his bearings back after getting Walloped by that Double barrel! Dave got to giggling telling me the story about it, before it was over Dave had me rolling laughing!! Dave and I emailed back n forth over the last year or so, he asked me several times how the barrel was shooting for me? He and i traded pictures back n forth, Dave sent me pictures of his Muzzleloader Collection, (Which he had many of! And loved each and every one!) I never got to meet him in person, but Dave Anderson was no doubt my friend, I joined this site with excitement that i would be able to post pictures of my success with the barrel i got from him, i joined the 29th, Daves last post was the 28th, i missed him by a day. Rest in peace Mr Anderson, i will never forget visiting with you

This is very sad. Dave was probably the most helpful member on every forum he was on and that's a lot of them. I always liked him.

RIP buddy.

Wow. A reminder for us all our time is limited. Don't take one day for granted. Never met him but felt like I knew him. I will be thinking of him and things he taught me when I take my smokepole to the mountains of Colorado next month. Hope to meet him someday in the great hunting ground. Bottom line: HE MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Dave was always very helpful and kind he will be missed

RIP Dave

He was definitely a cut above. Never abrasive, boastful or condescending, and always took the time to help and explain why. I never talked to him personally, but watched him for years on various forums. He will definitely be missed. Condolences to his family, and all of us who will miss him. A true gentleman

Wonderful man. Always more than ready to help anyone and always above the fray. He will be missed.
Art

I may adopt one of his postscripts. They always brought a smile to my face:

""Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck, screaming Yahoo, with a big smile on your face."

I suspect he lived that one.

The next one I can't remember word for word, but went something like this:

"My memory is not as good as it used to be,
Also, my memory is not as good as it used to be"

I had a very bad feeling when i noticed he hadnt posted in awhile. I asked around and finally asked JW to check since he is also in Wisconsin. My heart sank when i got the PM on HNI. Dave reminded me of my step grandfather. Neither were quick to anger or use harsh words even when something was upsetting. Dave was always kind to the end.

I pray the Lord takes this into account when setting aside a place in his house.

Oh geez. Sad to hear this for sure! Prayers for his friends and family :(

RIP Dave, enjoyed knowing you online.... you shared a wealth of info for the masses.

Reading this was like seeing a family member obituary. How sad that Dave won't be helping muzzleloader shooters in-need anymore. He knew the sport inside & out very well. Never said anything bad about any of the members either.

It make take years to get used to not reading his new posts anymore. I've known him for about 14-15 years.
See ya' on the other side Dave Anderson (Cayuga). :yeah:

He always answered any questions that I had he was a person that you could believe in his advice. RIP Dave & thanks for all of your input.

Back