Dave Anderson - Cayuga/Cayugad

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
This is the well written information posted on another forum by one of the Admins...

Cayugad aka Dave has passed away from a heart attack at his home.

I have no details nor an actual date but confirmation from two neighbors as I conducted a bit of internet search to contact Dave.

It was not like Dave to disappear as his last post was 6/28/17.

Rest In Peace Sir. You helped me and many many others on this forum and several others. While we never met face to face I know you'll still be helping others in the here after.

May God Bless Your Soul. You'll be missed!

We lost a Goodun!

Dave.....aka JW

As I was searching for information this was my greatest fear!

Dave you will be missed and the only comfort I have is that you are in a better place - RIP

He will surely be missed on our forum. He was one of our senior Admins/Moderators and had been on this forum for many years. Always had great and experienced advice.

A gentleman and friend. We are better for having known you Dave.
May the LORD give special grace and comfort to his family and friends.
His back is forever green and his powder dry.

OMG!! What a GREAT LOSS! He will be surely missed. Hope his family takes good care of all of his ML's He had some fantastic ML's.

Dave was one of the good ones. He was always quick to help new guys out. When I first got into this hobbie i would have been lost without his advice. RIP friend.

Very sorry to hear the news of Dave's passing. He will be missed by all of us. What a great member of this forum he was. Always willing to help others with great advice.

Very sad news to hear of Dave's passing. He offered some excellent advice to me in some of my first posts on this board, and came across as a great guy. R.I.P.

Although most of us have never met, we are one big muzzle loading family.
God bless and RIP Dave.
Steve

Oh My, I too was wondering where he was and was also afraid something was wrong. Dave will definitely be missed and was a Great asset to this Forum and to the ML community. RIP to the friend We never met but still a great friend! May the Lord Bless his family. :prayer:

Thank you for passing the information.
I will miss Dave. He was an enormous help to me. He was always helpful and positive in communicating his wisdom. Rest in peace Dave.

I am stunned. I had heard that he was missing and worried about the outcome. I will miss him.

That is very sad. We lost a ton of knowledge with this. He will be missed. Prayers for his family.

Sad to read for sure. I was partial to his thoughts. I too agree he will be missed with good memories.
I'm a little surprised that there was no other member close to him/his family (if any) - we learned from his absence rather than a ML member.

For those of you might have known some thing about him, maybe it's also the time to reflect some as I'm sure others would appreciate.
I for one, recall the photo he had of himself with his name, apparently working in his driveway on saw horses - so I always figured he was very handy.
2- I believe he was located in Wisconsin?
3 - what's the meaning of Cayugad?

Latest posts

Back