Scorpion pt gold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerodur

Reaction score
New to muzzleloading what grain would you recommend for whitetails, shots will be 100 yards or less. And how many grains of black horn 209 would you use shooting a older thompson omega

Harvester Black Crushrib sabot
Scorpion PT Gold 260gr or 300gr
100-110gr of BH209 by volume...Start at 90gr if you wish.

Both my son's hunt with omega rifles, we used the scorpions in 300 grain during a elk hunt, using harvester CR sabots and 114gr of BH209 by volume with a win209 primer, one son harvested his elk at 86 yards with no tracking involved and son #2 shot his elk at 236 yards with no tracking either, both shoulder shots and I didn't recover any bullets so don't know how they held up but they did the job, they shoot great out of both rifles but have the usual first shot flyer on a clean barrel, both rifles will do under 3 moa on a bench at 250 yards with my son's behind them, good luck and give us a report on your findings

I've killed two deer with the 300 in front of 100 grains of T7 powder in a crush rib sabot. Neither made it more than 5 yards after the shot.

I shot the 300 gr. PT Gold out if my Kodiak. I think it was 100 gr. BH 209. It performed flawlessly on a nice Muley buck. With shots under 100 yards I would shoot the 300 gr. Good luck!

Back