M-L Explodes in Utah

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this video all over Facebook, looks to me like they tried using smokeless powder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will wake you up, holy crap. Dont think ill ever do this but no doubt going to mark the rod now.

My sons friend one time asked me to sight in his ml as he hadn't shot it in three years and didn't have time to get to the range this year due to work. Well I tried to load a bullet and could only get the ramrod down to about half way. My 11 yr old grandson said why don't you just shoot it. I told him no something is wrong and the gun could blow up. When I got home and took the gun apart besides my load was two additional loads making a total of 3 charges and bullets. Can you say "Pipe Bomb"! !! Thank god this kid did not see a deer while hunting and I knew better!! Can't stress enough how important those loads marks are on ramrod and to either shoot your ML after each hunt, or pull the bullet.

Wow scary ! I had a gun Smith tell me the same thing. He had a guy bring him a muzzleloader that he couldn't get to fire .The gun Smith pulled 3 loads out of that gun . That's crazy scary !

Folks, if there is any doubt whatsoever PULL THE BREECH PLUG and LOOK through the barrel. Easy peasy.

I notice that it split right down the flutes. Guess they put them in for directed pressure relief. W

Anyone that doesn't use a witness mark on their ramrod is making a serious mistake. I really like having fingers,hands,eyes and other body parts. A very brief moment of inattention can be disastrous.

Latest posts

Back