Dream gun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharpshooter undersize the Match Hunter then knurl the crap out of the bullet ( really tear the crap out of the jacket !) Then size the bullet to your barrel with a fairly tight fit . That will work I have done this with Match Hunters in a .45.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Sharpshooter undersize the Match Hunter then knurl the crap out of the bullet ( really tear the crap out of the jacket !) Then size the bullet to your barrel with a fairly tight fit . That will work I have done this with Match Hunters in a .45.
Thanks. I will try that . They should be here next week

Hey Chet...

Just talked to Jeff Fisk the other day - Check these out... Pittmans

https://www.pittmanbullets.com/

Pittman_322_BT.jpg

Pittman_400x408.jpg

Pittman_458_Solid_Copper.jpg

Pittman_Bullets.jpg

Your best bet is 408 bullet from parker with veggie wad and size and knurl as doug recommended.
120-130 gr by volume will make plenty of pressure in 416 to bump bullet load snug

bestill said:
Your best bet is 408 bullet from parker with veggie wad and size and knurl as doug recommended.
120-130 gr by volume will make plenty of pressure in 416 to bump bullet load snug
Thanks. Gonna try it and see what happens .

Do they send you a custom loading jag for those? Soooo long and pointy. Almost too pretty to shoot 8)

I recently ordered a ramrod and jag for my Dream Season from SpinJag... they asked if I planned on shooting Parkers or not. Now I know why :lol:

I came upon this site in December when I got my wife to agree to buying me a new muzzleloader. I bought a CVA Accura PR. It's a real nice gun. But let me tell you, 1874sharpshooter, THAT IS AN INSANE RIFLE! Until I came on this site I never knew what goes on in the muzzleloader world. All I've ever seen is what I see on tv or what my friends have. You guys, and I mean so many of you, are incredible in your attention to detail and your perfection when it comes to these guns. I'm blown away time and time again reading about the time and detail you put in to making a muzzleloading rifle a modern day tack driver! Thank you!

Target from today with them Parker’s . Info in a different thread but I think they have potential. 2 shot group and 3 shot group

Attachments

• C87D4D98-7ACD-444B-897C-65661AA55967.jpeg
    C87D4D98-7ACD-444B-897C-65661AA55967.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 69
Back