Konus pro 3x9x40

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd really think about going with T7 then, super easy clean up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: Konus pro 3x9x40

Bryandaytonohio said:
kz106 said:
I'd really think about going with T7 then, super easy clean up

Triple 7 powder I’m assuming right.
I've used pellets but I get way more consistency with loose powder. So yes powder

Re: RE: Re: Konus pro 3x9x40

Bryandaytonohio said:
I shot these from my old traditions lighting bolt magnum. I’ve retired that inline and bought the optima. As the pb shot amazing through the traditions I’ve read an read where they preform horrible in the cva rifles. But I’ve looked at the Barnes an shock waves an such an feel that I’m gonna go with a sabot. Now to decide if I want a heavier 300gr or 250 or 270. This is my dilemma now. An I’m also strongly looking to going to powder as well over the pellets. But I am one to actually get as much advice as I can an review an review before I make a purchase. But yes as of now it’s a sabot which one undecided an powder undecided as well. But blackhorn isn’t an option for me. Maybe down the road but for this season it’s just standard black powder
You might also want to consider the 265 gn Hornady FTX bullet in a Harvester smooth green sabot. This is one of the most accurate bullet/sabot combinations I have shot out of my CVA Optima V2, Accura V2 & Accura MR. I used this bullet to take a large mature doe last year at 94 yds and it dropped her in her tracks. I shoot it over 110 gn of BH209 but I'm sure you could work up a load using 777. The 300 gn XTP is also very accurate and deadly from the CVA rifle as is the Barnes 290 TEZ. Just a FYI, it is my experience that the CVA rifles generally shoot most bullets better with the Harvester smooth black or green sabots than they do with the popular crush rib sabots.

For me and my money, I like Hornady XTP 250 grain 45 cal bullets with the short black sabot from Harvester. I get 1 big hole at 100 yards with 100 grain by volume of BH209. It is incredibly accurate! No swabbing between shot. Just load and shoot!

Back