New to me TC Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabinajiles

Reaction score
I recently purchased a used TC Omega as a donor rifle for a custom build next year by Jeff Fisk of BeStill Creations. I had already bought a Boyds stock to use for the build and after I put the barrel/action into the new stock, it looked so good, I had to shoot it. Well, now I'm going to have to find another one for the build. This one shoots too well to cut up. It came with an inexpensive Nikon Prostaff scope and using it, I shot 5 times at 50 yds to get the scope close. I then backed up to 100 yds and shot the 3 targets in the picture. Left target is 5 shots to make final scope adjustments using a 240 gn Scorpion PT Gold in a black crush rib sabot over 100 gn BH209. Center target is 5 shots of same load after the scope adjustments. Right target is 5 shots with 45 cal 300 gn XTP in a black crush rib sabot over 110 gn BH209. The PT Golds were "lights out". The XTPs opened up a bit but was still great. This one is a keeper. Anyone have a TC Omega with a junk barrel but good trigger/action they want to let go?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1507983934261-600x800.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507983934261-600x800.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 622
  • FB_IMG_1507983945552-800x600.jpg
    FB_IMG_1507983945552-800x600.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 622
Great shooting. It would be hard to take that one apart. That looks like a custom stock too and it looks great.

Smart buy there..... congrats!
Don't underestimate that price-valued scope. It's very basic, but tough.

Nice shooting! You may have a hard time finding an Omega that won't shoot to cut up. We have a pile of them in the family and they all shoot.

That stock looks great!!!

03mossy said:
Nice shooting! You may have a hard time finding an Omega that won't shoot to cut up. We have a pile of them in the family and they all shoot.

I could not have said it better. My two son's and I have 5 and all shoot,

03mossy said:

The stock is a Boyds Pro Varmint in Royal Jicarda with the Limbsaver recoil pad. I really like it, too. It's thicker in the fore stock and pistol grip and is probably about 1/2 lb heavier than the factory plastic stock but it feels great and gives a terrific cheek weld.

I know the Omegas are shooters. I need to find one of the X5 models that maybe wasn't cleaned well and has a pitted bore. All I really need is the trigger/breech assembly.

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Impressive shooting . Just curious how long did you wait between shots ?
Only as long as it took to reload and about 5 minutes between each target to clean the flash channel and set up the components on my bench for the next target.

X2 :poke:

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Do you guys know of any other actions for sale ?
Check with fishhawk2700. It sounds like
He buys swells a lot of used muzzleloaders. He might be able to come up with another one.

The real problem with the Omega line from T/C, is they shoot so great, why would you want a more expensive gun? That's why they stopped making them, IMO. Mine pushes everything great, like the targets you posted.

mikescooling said:
The real problem with the Omega line from T/C, is they shoot so great, why would you want a more expensive gun? That's why they stopped making them, IMO. Mine pushes everything great, like the targets you posted.

Alot of people like the Omega design and action... so they want to use that chassis to build a long range gun.
And yes, a pretty poor decision to stop making them. :d'oh!:

WV Hunter said:
Alot of people like the Omega design and action... so they want to use that chassis to build a long range gun.
And yes, a pretty poor decision to stop making them. :d'oh!:
The biggest advantages of the Omega design that I see, is it allows a solid barrel to stock connection to maximize accuracy and the compactness of the breech design keep the overall length shorter than bolt action rifles and the over weight a bit lower. These are advantages to me for a hunting rifle that will be carried a lot.

You bet! Nice rifles for sure. I'll be shooting my X7 again next weekend, and plan to hunt with her this season :yeah: :mrgreen:

I really like the looks of that stock you put on yours. :yeah: :yeah:

Back