Knight Mountaineer bolt won’t close with primer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kraig

Reaction score
Getting ready to finally shoot my new Mountaineer. I was going to fire a primer (recommended by Knight), and after I put the primer in the bolt will not close. I tried everything, no luck. They’re CCI209M primers. I double checked the tightness of breech plug. All is good.

Anyone ever have this problem? Contacted Knight, still no response.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you are talking about a Bare primer ignition?

This might sound like a stupid question but did you put the primer in the Breech Plug or slide it down into the small slot in the bolt?

ShawnT said:

This might sound like a stupid question but did you put the primer in the Breech Plug or slide it down into the small slot in the bolt?

Funny u ask, and it’s not a dumb question. I’m the dumb operator. Problem solved by just what you said.

I was putting the primer in the breech plug and trying to close bolt. Later after posting this thread I slid it into the slot on the bolt face - worked like a charm. Feel stupid, but glad it wasn’t a problem with the gun.

Excited to go to the range tomorrow. Got a bunch of vials loaded for 90-100-110 grain of BH209 to see how they shoot Barnes T-EZs.

Kraig said:
ShawnT said:

Funny u ask, and it’s not a dumb question. I’m the dumb operator. Problem solved by just what you said.

I was putting the primer in the breech plug and trying to close bolt. Later after posting this thread I slid it into the slot on the bolt face - worked like a charm. Feel stupid, but glad it wasn’t a problem with the gun.

Excited to go to the range tomorrow. Got a bunch of vials loaded for 90-100-110 grain of BH209 to see how they shoot Barnes T-EZs.

Excellent! Sometimes its the simple things that bite us. :wink: We all do them now and then. :d'oh!: :lol:

Let us know how it performs. An have a ton of fun!

Latest posts

Back