Savage 10 ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurigew

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me out . I have a Savage 10ML . In order to fire it you need a little metal thing that kinda looks like a bullet . That piece is what you put a 209 primer in then that piece gets loaded into the breech and rest up against the beech plug when you close the bolt . I lost the 2 that came with he gun making the gun useless . But I called Savage and they no longer have parts for that gun . And I don't really even know what to call the piece I am hunting for online to do a proper search . Would anybody know what I would call that piece . Or better yet where to find one ... Thank you Bill

As far as i know you are out of luck on that one. That is the old original Savage primer module and i know of no one making them.

You can have a new barrel installed with a new design breach plug that uses a aftermarket module for large rifle magnum primers...OR....a bare 209 bolt head, breach plug and new barrel. Most are 45cal though so if you want to stay with 50cal it will be a special order (most likely).

Try Hankins custom rifle. Ive read he has done it before with the factory barrel and HIS modules.

No its is not a bolt head. Its the original Savage ML primer module.
178131_3b9155af4b4c9063377809ccd36b5b6c.jpg

6562851.jpg

cXS1lRT.jpg

The original Savage ML was a real Savage model 10 single shot action with locking lugs and all. Later models dont have locking lugs like a centerfire.

The only solution im aware of was Hankins did make a plug and LRMP modules for one person. He posted on another board and loved the LRMP conversion. I have no idea if he will still do it without going to a 45cal Brux barrel though.

Latest posts

Back