Bare primer breach plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
I was putting the new BP breach plug in my Disc extreme last night. The Knight tool isn't deep enough to work so was trying a deep socket. Well it appears the walls of the socket are to thick to get the plug all the way seated. I can get it started and 9/10's of the way tight, but then the plug runs out of the socket. I put the knight tool back on it ( barely grips it) and I'm about 2 full turns short. This isn't a heavy duty thick walled socket, just a normal tool kit one. Question is what do I need to buy and how long of an extension are you using? Thanks

twild said:
I was putting the new BP breach plug in my Disc extreme last night. The Knight tool isn't deep enough to work so was trying a deep socket. Well it appears the walls of the socket are to thick to get the plug all the way seated. I can get it started and 9/10's of the way tight, but then the plug runs out of the socket. I put the knight tool back on it ( barely grips it) and I'm about 2 full turns short. This isn't a heavy duty thick walled socket, just a normal tool kit one. Question is what do I need to buy and how long of an extension are you using? Thanks

You will need 1/4" drive deep socket to get it in. There is one shown in one of these pics.

WrappingaPlug.jpg

twild said:
I use a 1/4" drive 6pt deep socket and 6" extension. 3/8" drive is too thick.

Or you can just drill the inside of the tool you already have to fit the plug . That's all i did

Back