Original Disc rifle butt pad?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the recoil pad on the original Disc rifles are glued and if yes what have you done to get them off.. Im wanting to shorten stock about a inch or so, 14.25 in. lop is for monkey arms not short armed people like me.. :lol:

dbowling said:
Does anyone know if the recoil pad on the original Disc rifles are glued and if yes what have you done to get them off.. Im wanting to shorten stock about a inch or so, 14.25 in. lop is for monkey arms not short armed people like me.. :lol:

I do not think they are... They are screwed on. One the recoil pad you will have to stretch the pad where they might be and look for a very small slip to open a little bit then insert your Phillips driver.

Mike,
thanks looked at it for screw holes, will have to take a closer look..

sabotloader said:
dbowling said:

I do not think they are... They are screwed on. One the recoil pad you will have to stretch the pad where they might be and look for a very small slip to open a little bit then insert your Phillips driver.

I push sideways from almost center at the top and bottom about 1/2 to 3/4 inch or so down. They are usually cut with a razor blade so they close back up. If you want to try to reuse the pad put dish soap on the screw driver so it slides in and don't tear it up any.

dbowling said:
Mike,
thanks looked at it for screw holes, will have to take a closer look..

sabotloader said:
dbowling said:

They are very to see - almost impossible - but they are there small horizontal slits...

Look here. They are vewy vewy (Elmer Fudd voice) hard to see. :D
fmJehcR.jpg

Found them mine were just a bit farther up from where yours are marked.. now another question are these synthetic stocks solid enough to cut some off and be able to redrill holes and replace pad.. hard to tell tapping on stock..

GM54-120 said:
fmJehcR.jpg

dbowling said:
Found them mine were just a bit farther up from where yours are marked.. now another question are these synthetic stocks solid enough to cut some off and be able to redrill holes and replace pad.. hard to tell tapping on stock..

Yes you can cut them and put a new pad on.

GM54-120 said:
fmJehcR.jpg
[/quote]

I do not know about the knight stock but Remington synthetic stocks get smaller as you shorten them and the pad does not fit well,
or at all if you shorten it very much

I ordered a Limbsaver slip on pad 1/2 in. thick so will be able to keep it original if decide to get rid of it later on.. may end up giving it to my step daughter.

derfhunter said:
I do not know about the knight stock but Remington synthetic stocks get smaller as you shorten them and the pad does not fit well,
or at all if you shorten it very much

Back