TN State In-line match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
A great day for many reasons..
Good to see everyone, glad to meet some new people, the weather cooperated, and many of us shot well.. We talked while eating lunch that practice does pay dividends and so does helping one another...
Doug and Scott came down from IN to shoot with us, last fall Bob and Jason traveled from IN to participate. Although this was the 3rd match, it was the 1st State match as the format seemed to work well..
We had a total of 22 shooter which included 4 youth and 2 adult woman and I asked at lunch how many were shooting for the 1st time - 6!.
Doug dropped 2 points and won by a point or 2 (?) over Barry (1st for TN resident) and many others were right on their heals.. 45 cal ruled the roost again and I looked at the scores and noticed that the top 5 were separated by only 5 points and top 7 shooters by 8 points - reminded me of the NMLRA matches being so close.
I told the 2 shooters/hunters that came with me that the event was much more fast paced than Friendship - it didn't seem to bother them as new shooters, that was good. They shot their standard hunting loads and got a humbling lesson... on the way home, they talked on how they are ready to improve - to me, this is what it's about!
Not only did all the shooters enjoy them selves, but we also had 6 ask for assistance in joining the NMRLA to support ML..
Thanks to John, Barry and Chilhowee Rod & Gun Club for their efforts.
Group photo before we started.

Covered firing line. Note the elevation change as 50 is shot from below, but we made it work.

Photo of the winners, including a FREE Knight rifle from the shooter drawing.

Attachments

• 2017 Chil Cover.JPG
    2017 Chil Cover.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 2017 Chil group.JPG
    2017 Chil group.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 2017 Chil win.jpeg
    2017 Chil win.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back