Has there ever been a study on what bullets stand up well at max load and 25 to 30 yard range?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.452 300xtp non mag consistently exits every deer I've shot with golf ball sized exits when pushed up to 2238fps at <25 yds... this bullet has also worked just as well down to 1700fps.

Never had an issue with 250 grain XTPs or now the SST not taking care of business. Regularly ran 150 grains of 777 with the XTPs. Many under 20 yards, most drop on the spot from the hydrostatic shock. Just dropped a buck with the SST Friday at about 15 to 20 yards with 76 weighed grains of BH209 and it didn't take a step. I shot a nice buck one year at about three feet after it woke me up from a nap against an old oak tree right through the chest in a point and shoot from the hip with 777 pellets and a 250 Hornady XTP. I honestly don't get the issue. Maybe I have just been lucky, sincerely not trying to be a smart alleck.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Back