Full Circle with a Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I picked up a Knight Mk-85 and hunted with it for the first time last season. Today I killed my 2nd doe of this season with it. Great gun that I always wanted but couldn't afford as a teenager. Back then I "settled" for a LK-93 that I have nothing but good things to say about. A lot of deer have fallen to it.

One of the guys I hunt with was remarking on my "old school" MK-85 today. He was amazed I was able to consistently kill deer with #11 caps. He wondered why I hadn't at least converted it to shot 209's. Anyway I thought it was funny. When I bought my first Knight as an 18 year old, I was picked on by some in camp for being to modern. I guess I'm just old enough to see it go full circle. No the same design is apparently old school.

Nothing wrong with one of the best muzzleloaders every designed and built. Oldies but goodies. And they shoot great with far less headaches than most of today’s muzzleloaders!

Back