Knight FPJ conversion kit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for clarifying. I know the actions on the Disc Extremes and Mountaineers are almost the same but not quite so I get confused on what will and won't work together. Sounds like I'm good to go. I believe the DE FPJ handle was shipping out today so I'll be good there. I'll get an FPJ conversion kit heading this way and if I get it in time and everything fits ok I'll use BH and 209's this season. If not I'll use #11's and 777 and after the season is over I'll have bestill fit the plug. Either way I should be good for this season.

Had same problem and had a gunsmith take about 10 thousand off the adapter

SuperKirby said:
Thank you for clarifying. I know the actions on the Disc Extremes and Mountaineers are almost the same but not quite so I get confused on what will and won't work together. Sounds like I'm good to go. I believe the DE FPJ handle was shipping out today so I'll be good there. I'll get an FPJ conversion kit heading this way and if I get it in time and everything fits ok I'll use BH and 209's this season. If not I'll use #11's and 777 and after the season is over I'll have bestill fit the plug. Either way I should be good for this season.

OK but remember the Breech Plug he sends will not work in the Mountaineer - the bolt & adapters can if mated with the Mountaineer BP... When you get the bolt insert the adapter in it - then put the assembly in the rifle and see if it will close all the way?

And now after reading 45cal thought on trimming the face of the adapter - way better I and easier...

45cal said:
Had same problem and had a gunsmith take about 10 thousand off the adapter

Yep - that will work also and probably easier than the breech plug - shoulda thought of that myself...dang!

Modifying the adapter seems easier especially since I already have a bestill plug. However since our local smith closed up shop a couple months ago isn’t ten thousandths something one could take off with not much effort at home?

Yep. You could use a small belt sander or even a diamond sharpening stone.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

was desperate myself and had an old one and took a chance. has worked so far

SuperKirby said:
Modifying the adapter seems easier especially since I already have a bestill plug. However since our local smith closed up shop a couple months ago isn’t ten thousandths something one could take off with not much effort at home?
He didn't charge me and did it on his lathe. I don't see why not but I would screw it up

sabotloader said:
SuperKirby said:

OK but remember the Breech Plug he sends will not work in the Mountaineer - the bolt & adapters can if mated with the Mountaineer BP... When you get the bolt insert the adapter in it - then put the assembly in the rifle and see if it will close all the way?
Sabotloader,

This kind of threw me.

Do you mean Truckleys plug will not work in the Mountaineer (I would agree), or Bestill's Plug (Got one in my Ulite)?

It’s my understanding Truckley’s plug is only for the Disc Extreme. Bestill makes plugs for the Mountaineer/ULite and the DE but they’re different plugs.

Right now I’m hoping I can get Truckley to do PayPal but I think he just wants a money order. I’m hoping to speed things up with a PayPal.

I think your right on the MO. He does ship quick though. I have bought 2 different times from him in the past. Don't remember seeing where you are, but he is in PA.

ShawnT said:
sabotloader said:
SuperKirby said:

Sabotloader,

This kind of threw me.

Do you mean Truckleys plug will not work in the Mountaineer (I would agree), or Bestill's Plug (Got one in my Ulite)?

Correct Truckleys plug is for a DISC Extreme/Elite - it is to short for a Mountaineer or ULite

ShawnT said:
Ok Gotcha.

But they (the breech plugs) too should be considered a value.. notice how bright they are - they are made from 17-4 Stainless which is a much stronger grade than the conventional 416 stainless. They also can not be had any longer. + the fact that you can use a removable vent liner in them. You really should be able to resale them on the open market fairly easily...

sabotloader said:
ShawnT said:
Ok Gotcha.

But they (the breech plugs) too should be considered a value.. notice how bright they are - they are made from 17-4 Stainless which is a much stronger grade than the conventional 416 stainless. They also can not be had any longer. + the fact that you can use a removable vent liner in them. You really should be able to resale them on the open market fairly easily...

I have 2 "kits" from Buddy squirreled away myself. They are the ones in the pic I posted.

I also just today received a stick of 17-4 PH that is destined to be Plugs for the KRB7 with the addition of a vent liner in it.

Latest posts

Back