My T/C Omega Is Ready for Bucks!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With the successful taking of a "Veterans Day Doe" using my 250 Savage (per my recent posting) -- now I can get out into the deer woods for the rest of rifle and into blackpowder season with my T/C Omega inline!

I am so psyched for this upcoming inline hunt!

"With the pressure off to fill the freezer with meat", I intend to hunt hard but to also enjoy the challenge of finding a nice buck. I'll aim to enjoy every minute of it, and I'm looking forward to carrying the Omega around for a few more weekends. Hopefully I'll get to trip its awesome trigger on a big 'ol buck! (Oh well, I can dream, can't I???) I'm sure the "Deer Tracks" that I added to the stock (click for link) will help inspire me and give me a good grip if/when I need it.

I shot these 2 targets as "cold shots" last December prepping for the 2017 BP season:
Omega_-_Cold_Shots_50-100_Small_.jpg

I was really pleased at lunch today to basically duplicate those results... I put 5 rounds each onto 50 and 100 yard targets today, hitting about the same spots in tight groups, fired off an informal rest (just like you'd have with a tree branch or knee out in the woods). That test confirmed I can "aim right on" at either 50 or 100 yards and be assured of a good hit -- if I do my part, that is... After firing 3 primers to start, I was really pleased to see my 1st cold shot land right into the group.

My load is a 250gr Hornady XTP (0.452") set into a Black Harvester Crushed-Rib Sabot, loaded over 90gr of 2F-777. :yeah:

Good huntin' to all!

Old No7

awesome job on the stock, that's a pretty cool idea. good luck with your hunt. I'm tuning my encore for Missouri alternative season, so hopefully we can all get a good BP buck!

Latest posts

Back