heavy conicals from pistol anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive got my Black Diamond pistol that I made 2-3 yrs ago and was thinking about shooting some 460 gr conicals out of it with a 60-65 gr powder charge, anyone want to guess what recoil would be like..this gun handles recoil very well I think due to the grip shape as it seems to just roll up and back with 90 gr of pyrodex and 300 gr xtp where my Optima pistol slaps the crap out of your hand with same load..
Couldn't get Bullshop or Eds conical down barrel too big, but some I ordered from guy on Gunbroker go right in..with red dot scope would make a great close range thumper.
I did use this pistol to finish off a buck that Id shot and hit high with a .54 roundball, the 300 gr xtp did a number on his lungs.

2v9el8l.jpg

Before I do anything will have to see what recoil is like and if I even want to deal with it, not really any reason to do this other then I just want to as the 300 gr. xtp will do anything I want to.

Latest posts

Back