I just had too!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Reaction score
There is an auction house near me that I always keep an eye on. They have bi-weekly auctions thats usually farm equipment to household goods to anything in between. I've bought and sold a few things over the years but check it once a week to see if there is anything to good to pass up. Scrolling through the other day and came across an item that said "Thompson Firehawk .54 unfired". As some of you know I have had an itch for a .54 for a while now. I clicked on the pics and took one look and thought wow. The stock is stunning. The price was crazy low so I threw a bid on it. And wouldn't you know it I won. Not a bad score for $120.

Attachments

• 39-2.jpg
    39-2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 261
Yeah I do believe you stole that. Nice work. Does it look to truly be unfired? Are you going to try to get it up and running before the 7th or stick with 42 for the year?

yeah heck of a deal if its unfired..

SuperKirby said:
Yeah I do believe you stole that. Nice work. Does it look to truly be unfired? Are you going to try to get it up and running before the 7th or stick with 42 for the year?

Fired, unfired....that's a nice piece of wood there. Good find!

Beautiful!

Does anyone know if the stock will fit up to a black diamond action/barrel??

Congrads! That is a fine looking stick of walnut!

Does it have a QLA?

They have had some nice wood on some of their firearms over the years.

I picked it up today and it's as nice as it shows in the pics. I'm about 99% sure it is indeed unfired. Has a lot of dust on it but no wear marks, no rust. A few spots of the stock finish are dull from sitting in the foam packing. Came with original box and all the stuff like owners manual, VHS tape, and cleaning jag. All that stuff is still in the plastic wrapper. I'll give it a good cleaning tonight and then I'll know for sure.

Only negative is it does have a QLA.

Serial number 10,xxx. Wonder when it was made?

Latest posts

Back