YES - Muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
They've made the list..

Even referenced ML silencers... At least Tucker is gun savvy as he knows enough to refute them..

Attachments

• ML F1.jpg
    ML F1.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 468
  • ML F2.JPG
    ML F2.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 468
  • ML F3.JPG
    ML F3.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 468
slingshots or next and sticks and rocks. what or they thinking ????????????????????????????????

They just can’t stand the thought that Joe Dirt can order a muzzleloader from a catalog and have it delivered to his home without government paperwork involved.
I’m surprised they aren’t going after “speed loaders” for increasing the rate of fire of muzzleloaders....

I would be more concerned with a ban on black powder, Pyrodex and Black Horn. When the Boston Marathon bombing happened there was a time where they thought that one of the bombs was created with black powder.

This seems to be aimed more at the felon that can legally own and hunt with a muzzle loader in some states. It is OK in Tennessee for a felon to own and hunt with one as well as other states without a background check.

These libtard idiots still haven't figured out that bad people (felons or not) don't care about or follow rules. Pretty sure most 3rd graders can understand that. Its amazing how little common sense most of these folks have. Gun control ONLY controls people that follow the rules.

What about the guy who rented the truck and killed all those folks? Ban trucks? Ban renting cars/trucks? :wall: :wall: Bad people will do bad things, period. Its a heart issue from a ever increasing Godless society....not a gun control issue.

Its a heart issue from a ever increasing Godless society....not a gun control issue.

Absolutely a fact

This kind of stuff is why we should all stick together and not fight amount ourselves over trivial things like traditionalist vrs modern weapons . We are all on the same team !

Dougs136Schwartz said:
This kind of stuff is why we should all stick together and not fight amount ourselves over trivial things like traditionalist vrs modern weapons . We are all on the same team !

EXACTLY!!! Well said Doug!

edmehlig said:
Wonder how many crimes and murders were committed by people using Muzzle Loaders?

I do know of a case in SW VA where a man killed his wife with his muzzleloader. She was in another room while he was cleaning it!! He was tried, but jury didn't convict him....

We had another case here in county below me where two guys got in an argument and one killed the other with a crossbow.

Crazy world we live in for sure!!

You can all thank the idiots at Traditions and SilencerCo for bringing this to the forefront, with the Maxim 50.

While they were touting, no Federal regulation, it was like whacking the Hornets nest with a stick. We will all end up paying for that failure waiting to happen.

Dumbest and most damaging thing to ever come along in muzzleloading, IMO. $200 rifle, with a $800 can permanently attached.

https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/maxim-50

Busta said:
You can all thank the idiots at Traditions and SilencerCo for bringing this to the forefront, with the Maxim 50.
While they were touting, no Federal regulation, it was like whacking the Hornets nest with a stick. We will all end up paying for that failure waiting to happen.
Dumbest and most damaging thing to ever come along in muzzleloading, IMO. $200 rifle, with a $800 can permanently attached.
Well said, I'd have no problem with these being classified along with other suppressors/silencers. (although the current admin may change that).

Busta said:

https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/maxim-50

Agreed. The only people dumber than that lobbyist are the knuckleheads at Traditions and SilencerCo who thought this was a good idea in any way, shape, or form.

Agree with .52 I have no issue with these being classified as suppressors. There are couple of interesting youtubes out there. If you watch the 215yd deer or whatever they call it you can see the bullet flight and impact.

IMO, it looks pretty silly and would be useless where open sights are required.

I can think of better ways to spend a grand, like more powder,more primers and more lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the pleasure to meet a high end gun store owner whose ex-wife is a lobbyist in California. When married years ago he met most of the politicians in the state; Nancy Pelosi included. He told me that none of the politicians, liberal or conservative, believe in any of the causes they support. It is simply an issue of trying to gain more power and control for them. He noted that this applies to both liberals and conservatives. He had a very compelling argument. I recall the words he used were."scum sucking bottom feeders."

I did not see the piece on ML's, but i can imagine that the talking head that was espousing controls on ML's doesn't know spit from shinola about what he is talking. It is just an angle for him to make himself know. Again, power and control, nothing else.

The sad part is that i don't know any way to fix these problems. And the problems go way beyond gun control in our country. It seems that good people don't run for office any more.

In Illinois you have to have a foid card to purchase black powder firearms, propellant, and bullets. Can't get a good card if you have any felonies, violent midemeaneors, or certain domestic charges, drugs charges, etc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Back