White .451 doubles up

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Load 80 gr 777 2f and 460 gr conical...Shot these 2 at 4:03 and 4:15, big doe was shot at 9 yds straight down thru throat dropped in tracks, lungs blown up..other deer which I thought was a doe but turned out to be a button buck was shot at about 15 yds stand behind a bunch of beech brush only had about a 4 in. hole to shoot thru to hit vitals, destroyed lungs and blood trail looked like the bucket brigade was at work for about 35-40 yds.. 460 gr conicals sure do make big holes. I have a video of the big doe immediately after the shot but not sure anyone would want to see it as its pretty graphic and not sure how to post it or if it can be.

2dtcaw5.jpg

20ro3nb.jpg

zmbc0j.jpg

ml31pd.jpg

breakfast sausage and summer sausage, I do my own..
I just did about 80# of burger the other day from buck I killed w/bow.

edmehlig said:
Nice job Dean!! How are you going to have the meat made up? Jerky, pepperoni sticks, hamburger, sausage, bologna?

Ed

Congrads Dean! :yeah: Looks like your freezer is going to fill up fast! 8)

Nice work filling the freezer! I took my buck 3 weeks ago also with a 460 grain conical and the blood trail looked the same. Impressive bullets.

Way to go with the White!! My S91 put two deer in the freezer so far, a nice big spike an medium size doe. I can't imagine butchering two deer at a time! I do my own and one per day limit here, which is fine with me... :lol:

yeah I used to enjoy butchering deer but older I get less I enjoy it even more so with 2.. but sure do like eating them so cant complain much.

toytruck said:
Way to go with the White!! My S91 put two deer in the freezer so far, a nice big spike an medium size doe. I can't imagine butchering two deer at a time! I do my own and one per day limit here, which is fine with me... :lol:

Congrats..
Would have been great to get them both with 1 shot - it's been done.

Latest posts

Back