Time to Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally!! The season has arrived. ( a MZ elk hunt helped ease the wait ). I have many muzzleloaders of various shapes and sizes. I decided to keep three of them as dedicated Elk guns ( no scope ) and sighted in for Thors ( although I think a 460 conical would may be better but that's a different subject ). So three regulars ( 50 Omega, 50 Disc Extreme and 50 MK85 ) are sitting this year out.

This year I will have two deer tags, one any deer, any weapon and one antlerless whitetail. The plan will be to hunt with two guns:

1) .52 Disc Extreme with a 275 Lehigh. Very Accurate with a 100 grains of BH209
2) .45 Super Disc with Ed's 465 hand cast. Even more accurate with 75 grains of T7, 3F,

Let's see what the we find. Our numbers were down and the cover was up last year. It seems like there are always some whitetails around but the Muleys come and go. The hunt is on for next week. I do know it will be an enjoyable trip to West Kansas. It always is and as I age, the taking of game is less important.

Latest posts

Back