What's on your Christmas list?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
What's on everyone's Christmas list?
Some may already know or in my case picked it out - the Vortex is wrapped under the tree.

I really don't want or need anything. If I do for some reason I'll order it. My son likes older 'mil-surps', has a few. Well, he convinced the wife to go halvsees on an M1 Garand for me for Christmas, sort of. I went on the actual Armslist transaction with a local guy, nice fellow.

It's a 1953 M1 Garand, made by Harrington & Richardson, very nice shape, parts all seem marked original. I will say it does seem a bit cool, very iconic. This one looks better than many seen at the gun shows. It seems it's mostly part of his collection. Anyway, this Garand was about a grand, for those interested.

No, I doubt it will replace the top tier deer rifles I use.

My brother bought a M1 Garland when he got out of the Marines in 74. Can’t say for sure if it’s an original, but it sure is in excellent condition and does it shoot. In fact he takes it out deer hunting every other year and has harvested a few deer with it.

I don’t really need or want anything for Christmas. I don’t really have time to play with the toys I have. But now that I think about it, a new Minnie bullet or Great Plains bullet mould in 50 cal would be nice. But the wife says she’s done shopping for me so that means I probably got socks and underwear or a sweatshirt. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1874sharpsshooter said:
An arctic tent so I ain’t so cold Mt Lion hunting in January
I would imagine you are outfitted with SI clothing (Sleeping Indian) from your part of the country? I even have the lighter weight here in TN when it get's in the low 30's.

I'm happy to have enough health yet to enjoy my kids and grand-children. And great-grand-children.

52Bore said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
An arctic tent so I ain’t so cold Mt Lion hunting in January
I would imagine you are outfitted with SI clothing (Sleeping Indian) from your part of the country? I even have the lighter weight here in TN when it get's in the low 30's.
That’s good stuff but their prices are to high for me . I am outfitted good for cold weather . I have a lot of real wool and lots of military surplus for extreme cold . I am good at -30 or so but the ground sure gets a lot harder lately. I guess I ain’t as tough as I used to be so a tent for a base camp seems awfully appealing , especially with a heater in it :)

edmehlig said:
rangerod said:
edmehlig said:
I would love to get s left handed 54 cal TC Renegade or Hawken.
There is a NIB Renegade on GunBroker .54 left hand. Steep price.

I'm not paying that price for it. Any safety issues with firing a right-handed percussion cap left handed?
Don't blame you about the price. As far as shooting lefty with a righty I don't know if I'd want my eyeball directly behind the hammer.

All i want is someone else to do the cooking this year and dishes afterwards. :D

I will still pop for the prime rib though. :p

I'm gave my daughter the scope off my AR to put on her littlehorn so I'm hoping for enough in cabelas gift cards to replace it.
But just having time off of work to hang out with the family is what I need!

I want the kids to bring the grand kids to the house so wife will quit the sobbing and moaning. Kids have obligations with inlaws, jobs, travel, school, etc... and we will be doing the visiting... I tried to use their no visit as excuse to not put up 18C lights, snowman, santa, outside tree with decorations, wreaths for every window and door and decorations etc, didn't work, still put in 3 good days decorating, coulda been hunting. Top of my list, well a chance to raise some cash to do builds with my extra Omega (current Bestill Omega/Brux is great, want another but even lighter and shorter), convert my shot out 788 in 222 to SML with a Hankins 223 module system, actually get a shot with my ML as this is 1st year since VA has had special ML season I haven't got 3 or more deer with ML but have until Jan 6 season end. What will I really get, probably another pair of gloves so my hands don't get cold taking down the 5 bushels of lights and all the decorations... HO - HO - HO - Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!

PS: What I really want is a case of VO.

Latest posts

Back