CVA AC1631 Qrbp Breech Plug Clean Out System

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Reaction score
Will the CVA AC1631 Qrbp Breech Plug Clean Out System work with a Thompson Center Triumph Bone Collector breech plug?
Thanks

A pin vise and 1/8th drill bit is a heckuva lot cheaper.

You Triumph plug has a 1/8" flash channel. I dont know what size the CVA kit is. Might be 3mm which is close unless its made for the BH209 QRBP. If it is then it also is a 1/8" bit.

I just use a hex head drill bit like this. You can turn with a 1/4" driver handle or socket if needed.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-1-8-i ... /301374906

Most if the time I can spin a regular drill bit by hand, even after a 30 shot range session, if you clean it after each session it should t be heard to turn at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flash hole size is variable. It grows with each and every shot. Normally, new flash hole is about 0.029". Flash channel size in a Blackhorn QRBP is 1/8".

Flash hole is about a drill bit # 69 and some folks drill it out to size # 66 to shoot BH209 more reliably. Drill bit size chart.

http://www.gearhob.com/eng/design/drill_eng.htm

I use a 1/8" bit, (hand turn only), and a short piece of SS wire to clean my breech plug and I use the O-Ring to prevent blowback.

Flash hole is about a drill bit # 69 and some folks drill it out to size # 66 to shoot BH209 more reliably.........

To my knowledge, the Blackhorn QRBP is 100% reliable igniting Blackhorn powder when new, when the flash hole is 0.029". No way to be more reliable than 100% is there? It seems to me, all one accomplishes when drilling out the flash hole to 0.033", is hastening the demise of the breech plug. Am i wrong?

ronlaughlin said:
Flash hole is about a drill bit # 69 and some folks drill it out to size # 66 to shoot BH209 more reliably.........

To my knowledge, the Blackhorn QRBP is 100% reliable igniting Blackhorn powder when new, when the flash hole is 0.029". No way to be more reliable than 100% is there? It seems to me, all one accomplishes when drilling out the flash hole to 0.033", is hastening the demise of the breech plug. Am i wrong?

I think they are talking about drilling out the carbon in the flash channel from firing the BH-209. One needs to drill out the Flash Channel so it doesn't stop up to the point of causing hang fires., etc. when using BH

Latest posts

Back