Knight .52 sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It says get 2 for price of one yet when you put 2 in cart and go to checkout it still wants to charge you full price, cant find any discount code to enter anywhere, anyone know how to work this..cant get thru to Knight.

cover page says its only disc extreme. (western or plastic disc) I almost did, but it would just be another safe queen and a hassle to get rid of a second. another few $100 in sabots and bullets for a new caliber. Im going back to collecting parts for a new custom :D

yeah but how the heck do you get thru checkout w/o paying full price

Squeeze said:
cover page says its only disc extreme. (western or plastic disc) I almost did, but it would just be another safe queen and a hassle to get rid of a second. another few $100 in sabots and bullets for a new caliber. Im going back to collecting parts for a new custom :D

worked for me, put 1 in .52 cal. go to cart and checkout, says get 1 same free

Product Price Quantity Total
DISC Extreme Xtra Straight Muzzleloader DISC Extreme Xtra Straight Muzzleloader - .52, 209 Full Plastic Jacket
Scope:
No Scope
$721.99
Quantity
$721.99
Ultimate Cleaning Kit FREE with Muzzleloader
Bloodline 52 Cal 275 Grain Muzzleloader Bullets Bloodline 52 Cal 275 Grain FREE Bullets
DISC Extreme Xtra Straight Muzzleloader FREE DISC Extreme Xtra Straight Muzzleloader 52 Cal 209 FPJ
Scope:
No Scope

Well it finally worked, didn't need them but cant pass up that kinda deal, 2 thumbhole disc extreme .52 western rifles headed this way :D

Nice! congrats! :yeah:
I would have if they had bare primer, and a LH option. I would have to upgrade the bolts to bare, and switch at least 1 to lefty...Thought about a build action, but I gotta be able to beat $375 for an action... Nah, I'm sticking to plan A :D

Does the .52 cals shoot a .458 bullet or just a thicker sabot ? I would rather go the other direction and have a .40 cal Knight .

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Does the .52 cals shoot a .458 bullet or just a thicker sabot ? I would rather go the other direction and have a .40 cal Knight .
.52 will shoot .458 in the gray sabots or .475 in purple sabots

The 52x475 sabots are "magenta" not purple....Purple is 54x50. :D

BTW those 52x458 sabots are TOUGH.

I have thought about paper patching the .52 with the cal sharps bullets. That is a good price.

GM54-120 said:
The 52x475 sabots are "magenta" not purple....Purple is 54x50. :D

BTW those 52x458 sabots are TOUGH.
you're as bad as my wife..."that couch isn't red...it's (insert some obscure word that I've never heard)... :huh?: :huh?: :huh?:

Well it says so right on Knights website too...so there. :p
https://www.knightrifles.com/product/ma ... er-sabots/

And MMP calls the 54x50 purple. :D
http://mmpsabots.com/store/purple-sabot/

So this aint on me. :yeah:

BTW anyone considering a 52 should not be concerned about bullets. 458s are perfectly matched to the 52cals performance limitations. Them silver sabots handle 130gr of BH209 with a 325gr bullet like nothing. You are getting close to the 450Marlin performance area with that load. The 475 325gr XTP does just fine in the 52x475s too but bullets like the Speer 275gr are really short in that sabot. If you want to shoot bullets under 300gr you will need to look at monos like the Lehighs/Bloodlines or Hornady 458 250gr GMX bullet. The 458 GMX/Monoflex is very similar in size to the 325gr FTX.

I even shot the Barnes 300gr 458SOCOM bullet in mine. It shot really well for a boattail in a standard sabot. That bullet is all kinds of nasty on deer at ML speeds.

GM54-120 said:
Well it says so right on Knights website too...so there. :p
https://www.knightrifles.com/product/ma ... er-sabots/

And MMP calls the 54x50 purple. :D
http://mmpsabots.com/store/purple-sabot/

So this aint on me. :yeah:

BTW anyone considering a 52 should not be concerned about bullets. 458s are perfectly matched to the 52cals performance limitations. Them silver sabots handle 130gr of BH209 with a 325gr bullet like nothing. You are getting close to the 450Marlin performance area with that load. The 475 325gr XTP does just fine in the 52x475s too but bullets like the Speer 275gr are really short in that sabot. If you want to shoot bullets under 300gr you will need to look at monos like the Lehighs/Bloodlines or Hornady 458 250gr GMX bullet. The 458 GMX/Monoflex is very similar in size to the 325gr FTX.

I even shot the Barnes 300gr 458SOCOM bullet in mine. It shot really well for a boattail in a standard sabot. That bullet is all kinds of nasty on deer at ML speeds.
mine would cut the same hole all day long at 100 yrds with a 325gr .458 ftx over 140 grain of blackhorn...kind of regret trading it

Please don't think I'm trying to be a wise guy . I really don't know when I ask this question . What is the appeal to a .52 caliber ? What is the twist rate on the .52 cals ?

Dougs136Schwartz said:
Please don't think I'm trying to be a wise guy . I really don't know when I ask this question . What is the appeal to a .52 caliber ? What is the twist rate on the .52 cals ?
1 in 26"

Back