H/R Huntsman value

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A local guy has a Huntsman .58 for sale he wants 200.00 firm for it, he says gun is unfired but honestly don't think he knows as he knew absolutely nothing about it..it seems to have the screw in breech plug as he says it has the 2 holes on opposite sides of the plug.. the butt stock in pic he sent me is oddly very flat in profile, were the old huntsman's like this..

My question is what would be max cash you'd give for one of these if you had a chance to buy it, I know the .58`s are harder to find but they have zero popularity around here.

that looks identical to the one the guy has for sale, same butt stock etc..

Lee 9 said:
http://www.armslist.com/posts/365606/birmingham-alabama-muzzle-loaders-for-sale-trade--harrington---richardson-huntsman-58-cal
There is one listed here for 125 dollars.

I would pass. .58's show up a fair amount on Gunbroker. They may be a bit rarer than .50 cals, but I think that is more because they are much less desirable. Unless you know what projectiles you are going to be using, I would hold out and wait for a .50 cal, much more options to shoot.

And $200 is way too much. With patience, you can find a clean Huntsman or Sidekick in .50 for that $$.

thanks guys looks like I will pass on this one then.

SteveH said:
I would pass. .58's show up a fair amount on Gunbroker. They may be a bit rarer than .50 cals, but I think that is more because they are much less desirable. Unless you know what projectiles you are going to be using, I would hold out and wait for a .50 cal, much more options to shoot.

And $200 is way too much. With patience, you can find a clean Huntsman or Sidekick in .50 for that $$.

To me that would be a great deer ML. However I'm a SML addict now and my smokers are safe queens. My favorite smoker is my 58 Cabelas "sporterized hawken" and it's called no track for a reason, after you shoot a deer with it don't make no more tracks. W

I have the .54 Sporterized Hawken really like them, would be cool to have one in .58.

wolfer said:
To me that would be a great deer ML. However I'm a SML addict now and my smokers are safe queens. My favorite smoker is my 58 Cabelas "sporterized hawken" and it's called no track for a reason, after you shoot a deer with it don't make no more tracks. W

Latest posts

Back