Another 24hr Knight Sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnT

Reaction score
Wolverines this time.

"""Double Down For Christmas! Buy One Wolverine Realtree Hardwoods Muzzleloader For $399.99 And Get A Second Wolverine With Purchase!

24 HOUR SALE!
Sale Runs Saturday, Dec. 16th 9AM (EST) to
Sunday, Dec. 17th 9AM (EST)

Applies To Wolverine Realtree Hardwoods Muzzleloader Only. The Second Wolverine Will Be The Same Model, It Will Be Added Automatically At Checkout. """"

Is the difference between this Wolverine and the Littlehorn just the shorter stock on the Littlehorn? They both have 22" barrels. Or is the Littlehorn a smaller contour barrel?

Well did it again, ordered one of the Wolverines for my step daughter for her Christmas/Birthday gift..don't know what I will do with the other one may sell it to my Boss at work as he's looking for a new muzzleloader.

Ive owned 3-4 LK-93 and Wolverines and they were all just as accurate as any of the top Knight rifles plus they are nice and light and easy to carry. Just don't look fancy or near as pretty.

dbowling said:
don't know what I will do with the other one may sell it to my Boss at work as he's looking for a new muzzleloader.

If your boss does not want it and you want to sell it I might buy it from you and pay to have it shipped if you like. Living in Tenn if I buy from them I will have to pay taxes on it since they are located in Tenn also. I really only need one of them myself. Anyone else buying and want to part with one for half the price keep me in mind for the same deal. Thanks.

If someone in West Michigan wants to split an order we may be able to work something out. To bad Knight just doesn't mark them 1/2 off.

More then likely if he doesn't want it will sell it to another Buddy of mine who`s looking for one also..If I did ship it would have to recover my sh. cost plus charge to ship it.

deadeyedick said:
dbowling said:
don't know what I will do with the other one may sell it to my Boss at work as he's looking for a new muzzleloader.

If your boss does not want it and you want to sell it I might buy it from you and pay to have it shipped if you like. Living in Tenn if I buy from them I will have to pay taxes on it since they are located in Tenn also. I really only need one of them myself. Anyone else buying and want to part with one for half the price keep me in mind for the same deal. Thanks.

Knight trying hard to move these old-school plunger models. They need to discontinue them and have more models with fall-action and break-actions.

I personally like the old plunger guns, doesn't take but a few minutes longer to clean them and to me break open guns do not point nearly as well or feel as well balanced.
I like their Bolt guns also, have owned a number of various break open guns and while they shot good I just never liked the feel carrying them around felt like carrying a heavy 2x4. JMHO

GoexBlackhorn said:
Knight trying hard to move these old-school plunger models. They need to discontinue them and have more models with fall-action and break-actions.

dbowling..... :lol: :yeah:

The old school plungers just work. One of the best rifle designs ever made.

What you gonna do next week when they put the UL on bogo? :shock: :D

I feel the same about break actions too. They just dont interest me anymore. Seems all I shoot anymore in production guns are Whites and Knight bolts. They even seem to get picked before the customs. ( I AM still holding hope for a Swinglock.. Ive contacted them Twice over the last few years, and was told they were booked and taking no new orders. If they are pumping them out at full throttle like that, the owners must all be recluses. They never appear used, and rarely ever even get mentioned on the forums)

Then why doesn't TC, Traditions, CVA..... etc.... carry them anymore?
Why?...... because they are outdated, same as sidelocks, which most-all brick and mortar gun stores have discontinued also.

T/C sold the heck out of the Black Diamond model, until the Omega and Encore showed up. Everybody in the business modernizes and upgrades, even me. I used Alliant Blue MZ pellets all hunting season. In past years / decades, I wouldn't be caught dead using pellets. But not anymore! Until the blue pelets show me that they gather moisture and I'm sure they ever will, I will continue to use them and adjust my bullet choices, to find what shoots best with either 100 or 150 grains.

I shot Precision QT Polymer Tips last week and they are dead-on at 125 yards, my limit in the woods I hunt.
Go Blue!
Go Fall and break-actions.

Might be in big trouble if they offer them for sale.. :shock:

WV Hunter said:
dbowling..... :lol: :yeah:

The old school plungers just work. One of the best rifle designs ever made.

What you gonna do next week when they put the UL on bogo? :shock: :D

Only outdated because people are too lazy to take the time to clean them same reason people use pellets because its easy.. the plunger style gunswill do everything the break actions will do, feel better doing it and look better to..I think most break barrels are just plain ugly, but I do like the Omegas as they balance and feel like a actual rifle instead of something cobbled together to satisfy the masses.
I used pellets for years when 1st starting shooting inlines and while they work I always preferred loose powder, you can shoot 2-3 times as much and you can tailor your loads to be as accurate as the bullet is capable of being so for that reason I no longer use them.
I like using side locks also and if set up correctly ignition is just as quick as a inline but they are less convenient to clean and generally harder to work a load up for.

GoexBlackhorn said:
Then why doesn't TC, Traditions, CVA..... etc.... carry them anymore?
Why?...... because they are outdated, same as sidelocks, which most-all brick and mortar gun stores have discontinued also.

T/C sold the heck out of the Black Diamond model, until the Omega and Encore showed up. Everybody in the business modernizes and upgrades, even me. I used Alliant Blue MZ pellets all hunting season. In past years / decades, I wouldn't be caught dead using pellets. But not anymore! Until the blue pelets show me that they gather moisture and I'm sure they ever will, I will continue to use them and adjust my bullet choices, to find what shoots best with either 100 or 150 grains.

I shot Precision QT Polymer Tips last week and they are dead-on at 125 yards, my limit in the woods I hunt. Go Blue!

GoexBlackhorn said:

Yukky thought

Agree 100 percent, if they started marketing break actions I think it would bankrupt them. Most people who shoot Knights like the classic rifle look.

sabotloader said:
GoexBlackhorn said:

Yukky thought

dbowling said:
More then likely if he doesn't want it will sell it to another Buddy of mine who`s looking for one also..If I did ship it would have to recover my sh. cost plus charge to ship it.

deadeyedick said:
dbowling said:

Just curious, what is the shipping charge to the US from Knight on the $399.99 purchase?

How much you wanna bet its a blue Whitehot?
Lets compare MSDS

BlueMZ
http://www.alliantpowder.com/downloads/ ... MZ_SDS.pdf
Sodium Benzoate 20%
Dextrin 5%
Potassium Nitrate 50%
Potassium Perchlorate 25%

IMR Whitehot
http://www.imrpowder.com/PDF/MSDS%20Fil ... t-2013.pdf
Sodium Benzoate 20%
Dextrin 5%
Potassium Nitrate 50%
Potassium Perchlorate 25%

Well Lord have mercy, it is a blue WhiteHot but many of us knew that already. Even the patent #s trace back to Hodgdon.

IMO the plunger guns are easier to clean than other inline PacNW options. Percussion caps/nipples blow a heckuva a lot of crud into the firing pin holes on rifles like the Traditions and CVA NW editions. Its even easier to thoroughly clean than the Knight DISC bolt guns with a western kit since the hammer is your "firing pin". There is not much "internal" cleaning required so less needs to be disassembled.

Plunger guns are also super simple in design. Not much there to go wrong and they are easily repaired if needed. Just 2 allen screws takes the stock and trigger off the action. After that you can get at pretty much all of it very easily. Thoroughly cleaning the inside of say......A CVA NW edition frame would be nightmare by comparison. There is pretty much no way to easily inspect deep inside it or the trigger area.

$400 for 2 with fully adjustable Timney triggers!!!....What a bargain!!!

Latest posts

Back