JB Compound

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
You guys that are running this threw your barrels. Are you putting it on a patch and jag or is there some other way? Thanks

Patch wrapped on a brush. I mostly use old brushes but a new brush is much stiffer. If kinda loose for your likeing just wrap more patch material on brush. Too much material on jag and you can have stuck jag/rod problems. W

twild said:
You guys that are running this threw your barrels. Are you putting it on a patch and jag or is there some other way? Thanks

I use a a patch with oil and JB's on my range rod with a normal loading Jag - actually a 'Original Spin Jag'. I often fold the patch over to get a tighter fit...

Yes..wrap a patch on a brush and work it in....
But....Sabotloader...with the finish on the inside of the UL barrels..will this stuff wear off the special coating on the inside of barrel?
I have used it on several CF barrels....clean them really good and then work the bore paste in there...saw better shooting with all the rifles..... .22s included.....
But just as important of using it to improve...make sure to get all the excess out....

Sounds like I've got the idea, now where are you buying the stuff?

twild said:
Sounds like I've got the idea, now where are you buying the stuff?

Brownell's has what you need...

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=1308 ... re_Pellets

I personally would not use a wire brush as a part of this operation...

The video above might give you some thought... I do not use the pellets either just a tight fitting patch on the jag...

I use the pellets and they work the best. They are pricey to buy. If you decide to go that way let me know and I can pop some in the mail.

rangerod said:
I use the pellets and they work the best. They are pricey to buy. If you decide to go that way let me know and I can pop some in the mail.

Will do Thanks

Back