BH 209 at Walmart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twild

Reaction score
I checked yesterday and my local ones don't have the price marked down yet. In fact nothing in the sporting section was, it should be happening soon.

I went to our local walmart today looking for ml supplies. None to be had, the sales lady said they put them on clearance 2 weeks ago. That was the opening of ml season. Go figure.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I must have gotten lucky. one of mine had a couple bottles for $30.

There aren't any ML supplies left in my stores either. In fact they hardly had much at all this year. I was checking weekly to see what they had, it was pretty weak. I have not seen BH209 there yet. Maybe next year.

Are muzzeloader season don’t open till Saturday. But I have been checking Wal-Mart pretty much every day. There is lots of boxes of 777 and Pyrodex 50gr pellets, Pyrodex loose powder and 3 bottles of Blackhorn 209. The 777 loose powder is all gone already along with pretty much everything else. Not on sale yet though.

I'm checking mine about once a week after work on the way home. Last week nothing was marked down and the sporting goods guy said he's not sure when they will do it. I found a double bull blind last year for $30 so there are deals to be had. Once they clearance the 10 bottles of BH I'm buying a few just incase. I figure if they mark them down $10 off and I buy 3 that's a free jug.

All gone from mine too, but when they marked it down to 19 dollar I was there guess where its at now.

I checked local Wal mart and still at normal price $36.82. Will check again on the 26th. It's all about the timing. Once it goes on sale it will probably only last a day.

rangerod said:
I checked local Wal mart and still at normal price $36.82. Will check again on the 26th. It's all about the timing. Once it goes on sale it will probably only last a day.

Walmart price matches! A guy that works in the sporting goods dept at Walmart told me to ALWAYS look to price match. Not sure that would work here? But I’d bet it would

Visited lebanon indiana walmart today, they had 7 bottles on the shelf for $30.00 each.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Anyone near Clinton Township Michigan can have my remaining 2/3rds jug of Blackhorn 209 for free.
PM me for specific map instructions.

Walmart’s atleast the ones by me don’t price match anymore. The only price they will match is Wal-Mart online and it has to be in stock. They are extremely high on 777 pellets $39.93. I tried to get them to match Midway USA that had them for $26.99 and they said no. I looked it up on Wal-Mart online they have it listed for $31.99 so I tried to get them to match that and they said no because it was out of stock online. I told them to put it back on the shelf and I will buy it somewhere else. They have a whole shelf full I’m waiting for it to clearance.

WPrather said:
Walmart’s atleast the ones by me don’t price match anymore. The only price they will match is Wal-Mart online and it has to be in stock. They are extremely high on 777 pellets $39.93. I tried to get them to match Midway USA that had them for $26.99 and they said no. I looked it up on Wal-Mart online they have it listed for $31.99 so I tried to get them to match that and they said no because it was out of stock online. I told them to put it back on the shelf and I will buy it somewhere else. They have a whole shelf full I’m waiting for it to clearance.

Maybe they have changed that policy? I haven’t tried it here in a long time. The best deal i ever got from Walmart was 2 Mr. Heater Little Buddy heaters, I wanted 1 for my ice fishing sled/tent. They sell for around 60 bucks, Walmarts online ad said 2 pack? I showed that to the lady in the sporting goods section and i asked her what that meant? Her manager was 1 aisle over so she came and looked? The manager looked at me and said WOW that means 2 of them, she had to override it at the cash register, and i walked out of there with 2 of those little heaters for the price of 1, i gave 1 of them to my dad.

Our Walmart doesn’t carry any Blackpowder stuff that i have ever seen? Ours has some centerfire reloading stuff, bullets for reloading, and a few different popular brands of Smokeless, but nothing for Blackpowder, Not a problem tho, About 300 yards up the rd from Walmart is Buffalo Arms :D

Oh man, Buffalo Arms carries both the Walters wads in .463 and the Circlefly Nitro cards in .460. The Hawkens shop closed up here long ago :( I used to live just a couple miles down the street from them.

GM54-120 said:
Oh man, Buffalo Arms carries both the Walters wads in .463 and the Circlefly Nitro cards in .460. The Hawkens shop closed up here long ago :( I used to live just a couple miles down the street from them.

GM54-120, That .463 number sounded AWFULLY familiar! I have 2 Cornell press mounted Wad punches from Buffalo Arms, a .45 Rifle, and a .50 Cal Rifle, i make these wads from bulk .060 Vege Fibre Material, i can turn out a literal ton of wads in a hurry with these things! They are spendy but worth it to me.

This is from my .45 Rifle Punch, Cornell makes two .45 punches, one is .450 and says so on the die, mine just says .45 Rifle and they come out at .463

GM54-120 said:

Buffalo Arms is a funny place in the sense of where it is, and the building, it is a Warehouse type building and is Internet ran, but will also sell to the public, Lots n Lots of people around here don’t even know it exists? lol! No signs, or anything telling you what it is? You would drive by it and never have a clue what it is? You have to knock on the door and someone will let you in (I have knocked on that door MANY MANY times the last few years! :D ) They are an awesome outfit and really good people to deal with! October Country is reasonably close to me as well, about 45 minutes the other direction. They are more traditional type, And ran the same way as Buffalo Arms (By Internet, but will sell to the public as well) they have sewing machines when you walk through the door and usually someone working on leather goods. I do business at both places, but Buffalo Arms is no doubt my favorite of the 2 as they are far more geared toward what i do.

Pretty much everybody who offers the .460cal Nitro cards is either out of stock like TOW or they want nearly twice the amount just in shipping. Homie dont play the $11 to ship a $6 item game. When TOW has the $9/1000 piece bags in stock its like $6 to ship it. BA wants almost twice that to ship half as many wads.

Back