TC Black Diamond

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have a .50, but I’ve got a .45 Black Diamond. Mine is very accurate and it’s got an excellent trigger. I shoot loose Pyrodex because I don’t care for 777 and BH209 isn’t an option. With a scope on them access to the breech isn’t great and they are more difficult to clean than break-open guns but not awful. They work well, but on balance it isn’t my favorite in-line design.

This ^^^^ I have a 45 and it is a tack driver. Mine has the 209 ignition now but I've bought a#11 nipple to try. Get a capper/ decapper from Midway it makes loading and unloading with a scope much easier when scope is on.

i' own two .50 caliber Black Diamond rifles; one has a nice walnut stock, the other wears a Tupperware stock. Both are the earlier model with the shorter barrel. Both those rifles are very accurate. The walnut stocked Black Diamond is my favorite deer and hog rifle.

The Black Diamond is a dirty gun due to its slam fire action. Nothing is gained by installing the 209 primer nipple: It just makes the rifle much dirtier. No. 11 caps work just fine.

Agree with you on the 209, the one I have now that I made into a pistol came with 209 and its way dirtier then the #11..

Okie Hog said:
i' own two .50 caliber Black Diamond rifles; one has a nice walnut stock, the other wears a Tupperware stock. Both are the earlier model with the shorter barrel. Both those rifles are very accurate. The walnut stocked Black Diamond is my favorite deer and hog rifle.

The Black Diamond is a dirty gun due to its slam fire action. Nothing is gained by installing the 209 primer nipple: It just makes the rifle much dirtier. No. 11 caps work just fine.

Got one years ago when they first come out. It was defective and would fire without touching trigger. Took it back and got an encore.

Latest posts

Back