Vortex scope???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
I snooped around a shop the other day and looked at scopes and found a new, in the box, Vortex Diamondback 4X14X40, for $169.00. I've never bought a Vortex but read good things about them. The scope has a 2 cap turret and has the ballistic type of markings on a twin plex style of crosshair. I'd never use the extra markings but the scope is crystal clear focusing on the regular crosshairs. Seems light for a scope but appears well built/designed. Is this a good price on the scope? It will go on a ML should I buy it, so will it stand up to the recoil?

Vortex is made in Middleton, WI. Lifetime transferable warranty. Crystal clear. I am waiting for a crossfire II from muzzle-loaders.com to put on my new CVA PR. I got the 3x9 50mm for like $125!
With that warranty you can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones816 said:
Vortex is made in Middleton, WI. Lifetime transferable warranty. Crystal clear. I am waiting for a crossfire II from muzzle-loaders.com to put on my new CVA PR. I got the 3x9 50mm for like $125!
With that warranty you can’t go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortex the Co. may be based in Middleton, WI But that is NOT where their products are made. The crossfire series of Vortex is made in China, their Middle range stuff is made in the Phillipines, and their top of the line stuff is made in Japan

They are NOT made in the USA. The DiamondBack and Diamondback HP line are made in the Philippines. Vipers are also made in the Philippines but i think at one time they were made in Japan. Crossfire series are made in China.

The only one that is made here is the Razor AMG series. The other Razors are made in Japan.

As far as the Diamondback goes i would strongly suggest looking at the Diamondback HP instead. It has a longer eye relief than the standard Diamondback. The HP also has better glass and a better coating.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/di ... iflescopes

I have a crossfire on my 17hmr I really like it. They also seem to have great customer service, my boss dropped his binocs and they warrantied them without any questions.

tsawyer340 said:
I have a crossfire on my 17hmr I really like it. They also seem to have great customer service, my boss dropped his binocs and they warrantied them without any questions.

I own a pair of their Diamondback 12X50 Binos and really like them, They have an AWESOME no frills Warranty and that is what swayed me into buying my Binos from them. A neighbor of mine bought a Crossfire rifle scope for his 7MM Rem Mag and had problems with it, Vortex replaced it free of charge with no questions asked, The replacement Crossfire also failed, Vortex ended up upgrading him to a Diamondback at no out of pocket expense to him. From my limited experience with them they seem to be a very good outfit that stands behind their product

Buy it, like Idaholewis and tsaywer340 said, there no questions asked warranty can't be beat. The rep who sold me my binos told me, you drop em off the Mtn., run over them with your truck, whatever the case, you damage em, we'll replace them. And that go's for there scopes and range finders too. Can't beat that

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I bought a Diamondback HP 3-12x42 from Cabelas a while back when they were blowing them out. $189 - it is a great scope from what I can tell. Nice features, great eye relief, very clear. Its waiting for a rifle :mrgreen:
I also have a binocular - Vanquish 8x26 compact. Very nice little set. Very clear - nice and compact/lightweight...and less than $100. :yeah:

I'm a big fan of the Diamondback lines. Both the regular and HP. I have a 2-7 diamondback that now just got moved to my daughters Littlehorn and that is a great scope. It was on my Omega for a while and on my AR also. The FOV view is incredible, something like 64'. Very clear glass and a nice bold reticle. The Diamondback HP line are impressive scopes! I helped superkirby mount his this past spring and was blown away by the clarity of that glass. When my dad was looking for a new scope a month ago I instantly recommended the 3-12 HP and he loves it. I honestly think they are the best value in scopes right now for the price.

Last week I was at Cabelas using my Christmas gift cards for a new scope for my AR. They had a good price on the Viper HS 2-10 and I wanted to check it out. I have to say I was less than impressed with that scope. The Diamondback HP line to my eyes is hands down better.

Every single review ive seen on the forums for the Diamondback HP line has been excellent. When they had them on sale for under $200 was a total steal. The HPs share a very similar glass and coating as the Vipers but cost less. Vortex's customer service has never been questioned. You simply wont find better.

The 3.1-3.5" eye relief on the regular Diamondbacks is really cutting it close on a muzzleloader. The HP's 4" is far better IMO. Even at close to MSRP i dont think you can find many scopes that offer as much for the price.

Vortex is a very great scope co. They are in the process of building a NEW FACTORY in Mt. Horeb Wi. The only bad thing is they are only 5 min. from where I work. I must have 18-20 Vortex scopes in my family. :yeah: :yeah:

sqezer said:
Vortex is a very great scope co. They are in the process of building a NEW FACTORY in Mt. Horeb Wi. The only bad thing is they are only 5 min. from where I work. I must have 18-20 Vortex scopes in my family. :yeah: :yeah:

Yeah buddy you've been in trouble ever since they opened. And its only gonna get worse...might think about relocating :lol: :poke:

I love my Diamondback HP. 03Mossy came over and helped me mount it up. He knows a lot more about scopes than I do but said it was a real nice scope. This last yer out hunting I got stuck in my stand past dark while deer mulled around below me. While I waited for them to move on so I could get down I pulled up and looked around through the scope. I was very impressed. Through the scope I could see clear details around me. Pull the scope down and it was just dark.

Latest posts

Back