New guy..new diet for my Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
Greetings to all! I've been enjoying this forum for quite awhile and amazed at the knowledge you guys possess. I've been filling my freezer for many years now with my TC Omega so I really like this gun. I started with Pyrodex pellets then Trip 7 both with very good results using a few assorted bullets. I now want to try BH 209 for something to tinker with at the range and because of the good reports concerning this powder. I've read that TC barrels are on the tight side compared to some other ML's and that a Barnes Spit-fire T-EZ 250 gr bullet with the blue sabot is a good match. If this combo is too tight, would a harvester black crush rib sabot load smoother? :prayer:

My Omega and Prohunter both like the MMP 3 petal easy loads.

I don’t use Barnes Bullets but I do have a Tc. So I have read a bunch about them. From what I have seen and read the harvester crushed rib and MMP HPH 3 petal ez sabot are about the best in Tc barrels. I shoot the Hornady 250gr SST’s with the red sabot out of my Prohunter. The Hornady red sabot is the HPH 3 petal EZ for MMP.

The Barnes, Harvester Pt Gold and Hornady SST, FTX and Monoflex bullets should all work great. I prefer the Hornady’s because they have always shot great, there cheaper and I have had good results on deer. The Hornady 250gr Monoflex is Hornady’s solid copper bullet about like the Barnes but it’s still a little cheaper. Plus they already come in the HPH 3 petal EZ sabots.

Latest posts

Back