When you cant shoot muzzleloaders what do you do

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
break out air rifle and eliminate future bluebird killers from feeding area..BSA GRT Lightning .22, shots range from 15-35 yds. to fencerow in back. there's a total of 20-25 dead Starlings laying in fencerow, around feeder and down hill in weeds..
Not smoke pole shooting but its good practice for trigger control, if you can shoot a springer air rifle well it makes shooting a muzzy a lot easier. Included pic of where I'm shooting from and a couple of my evening visitors.

2eal2cx.jpg

2v8ijgw.jpg

f4kwpj.jpg

if4wfp.jpg

:D :D :D :yeah:

Shooting anything is good practice. My dad shoots competition handguns. Built an air gun that mimics his comp guns and shoots in his basement into a trap when he can't get out. :yeah:

Nothing eats starling around here. Not fox, not crow, not coon, not......... However, the collared dove carcasses don't last long, before there is nothing but feathers in the yard.

You have starlings...I have crows. Great fun, keeps a guy practiced on trigger squeeze and helps the city eliminate a pest bird. I have a couple dozen bundles of the larger "screamer" bottle rockets to help keep the big black buzzards out of the neighborhood but a woman a couple doors down puts out feed for the darned things. Every once in a while a crow miraculously falls out of their trees. I pick up my kills from the park and my yard. They stay where they lay in her yard.

Nice deer pic in there too.

Ron,
same around here about only thing that might eat them is a possum.. starlings and coyotes nothing will touch them usually.

ronlaughlin said:
Nothing eats starling around here. Not fox, not crow, not coon, not......... However, the collared dove carcasses don't last long, before there is nothing but feathers in the yard.

Wasn't it 4 and 20 blackbirds in the pie. Maybe blackbirds and not starlings.

Latest posts

Back