Pro Hunter FX lock up spring

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlsmith

Reaction score
This question has most likely been asked before but I could not find it in a quick search so forgive me for asking again if it has. Can a person change the lock up spring on the FX because the barrel was made to not be removed. Any help would be great.

I have never messed with a FX. Have you tried to take the barrel off? My CVA Optima is not
made to change barrels either but the barrel still comes off. Your barrel should come off I believe.

You FX comes apart just like a Prohunter XT does. Just take the 2 forearm screws out and take it off. Then just tap out the hinge pin. Look up Dissembling a TC Prohunter FX there is a YouTube video showing you how to take it apart.

The only difference between the FX and XT is the frame. The XT frame has higher tolerances on dimensions and how it’s made. That’s why it cost more and you can swap barrels.

The lock down spring can make a lot of difference in how tight it locks up and how good it shoots. The factory spring is like 30-32lbs and Mike Bellm at Bellmtc.com sells a 51lb lock up spring for about $9 bucks. It takes 5-10mins to change and you can find a YouTube video showing you how to do it. The Hinge Pin is also important. You should have to tap it out with a small hammer or mallet it should be tight. If it’s loose enough to move with your fingers then you need a oversized Hinge Pin. Bellm sells those also.

When you put your gun back together use a little lithium grease or oil on your hinge pin to tap it back in.

Atleast at the end of the year it would be a good idea to take the firing pin out and clean it.

He says in that video that their is no spring on the firing pin. On my XT there is but not sure about the FX. I don’t know why there wouldnt be though so I would watch for it.

He shows you how to remove the barrel locks and spring too its just 1 pin.

Latest posts

Back