CVA Magbolt 150 safety

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadeyedick

Reaction score
I picked up a cheap ol CVA Magbolt 150 to deer hunt with. The safety on this thing is so loud. To take the safety off you have to make a loud click to move to the fire position. Are all of these things this way? Next time I tear it down to clean the rifle I plan on looking closely at this thing and see if there is anyway to lubricate it or make it less noisy. A deer could hear you take the saftey off a hundred yards away the way this thing is now. I do not like the idea of hunting with the safety off either.

First off to take the bolt out you need not to remove the side screw, pull the bolt back to the stop screw then, you simply hold the bolt with rearward pressure and roll the bolt DOWN then back and bolt will come right out. With a little drop of GUN OIL on the safety the noise is a lot less. I'll take all the .45 Mag Bolt & Mag Hunters off your hands. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine is 50 cal. Just curious, why six or seven of them? I love guns but honestly do not have many of the same gun. Not saying it is a bad thing, just curious. An extra is not a bad idea but six or seven. lol

Thanks Ron, they are louder than a Knight but not that bad. :poke: :poke: and I know a guy in S.D. that makes great plugs also. :yeah: :applause:

Back