Check the sales time of year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know if it’s just me or not but I don’t have to check for sales at midway USA. There kinda a pain in the butt! Almost everyday every time anything goes on sale I get a email on my phone! Every time my phone goes BING I think hey there’s Midway USA again!lol

Thanks for the heads up. Last year came in the usual blue midway blemish box 50. This is advertised 20, Im hoping its the usual 50.

Squeeze said:
Thanks for the heads up. Last year came in the usual blue midway blemish box 50. This is advertised 20, Im hoping its the usual 50.

I'm hoping its 50 per box too, but if not its still a fair deal. I ordered 20 boxes.

I am WAAAY to picky for 2nds, Blemish bullets, I practice with the EXACT same bullet i hunt with. I see these as a Waste of powder. Just my opinion of course!

Idaholewis said:
I am WAAAY to picky for 2nds, Blemish bullets, I practice with the EXACT same bullet i hunt with. I see these as a Waste of powder. Just my opinion of course!

In believing that they're WM over runs.....
The last batch I purchased shot IDENTICAL to either a WM or SST out to 400yds. There is no difference other than the color of the tip, which is not red so Hornady can't sell them as an SST. They're just "left overs" from a bulk sale, so Hornady sells them to Midway.

these have been going for years, Guys on several forums stockpile these. I have yet to hear ONE say they can even find the blemish. they shoot the same, group and fly the same. Some guys even hunt with them. It must be a bonding thing or something, for the blemish, but for cheap, bulk SST's especially you cant beat em. They aren't going to group like a match grade, but they are fine for range fun. Ill buy em every chance I get.

UPDATE: Midway is taking all the bullets back, as the mistake was THEIRS. Someone indicated the diameter to be .452", when the actual diameter is .498". It was their mistake and they are going to try and correct it ASAP on their web site.
Just printed out the return label. Kinda bummed, as were hoping these were left over WM :wall:

I bought 4 boxes of the bullets in the first post.The ones I got shouldn’t be called seconds they should have been rejected.I’ve bought a lot of seconds over the years most times you wonder why they are seconds.The bullets are rough no plating in spots some of the bases are closer to square than round.Im glad they were only $5 bucks a box when I got them now I see they are over twenty

Idaholewis said:

Lol I'm the same way .

I've never bought blems, unfortunately I don't shoot enough. :( I could see them being good plinking rounds regardless for folks who shoot alot.

I did find a good deal recently...Walmart was blowing out 15' Ameristep two man ladder stands. $63 each - shipped to my house. I got 4 :yeah: They are normally $99. Decent stand, I have a number of them already. Wish I could have picked up a bunch more.

FedEx lady said "I'm not sure whats going on with these stands, my whole truck is full of them today. I just dropped off 15 at one guys house." :shock: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately these specific blems were junk. At least Midway took them back after they realized their mistake.

Fishhawk and I both cleaned up pretty good before on the SST's, which were sold as blems only because of the white tips. They were actually overruns of the WM bullet. Absolutely nothing wrong, just the color of the tip was white and not red so they couldn't be sold as the SST. Not so lucky this time.

Back