White bison .540

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

ShawnT said:
I have no idea. I guess I assumed they are the same profile as the 50cal. Bet some one here knows.
I just checked on boyds I was correct

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

:d'oh!: Ok, Now I get it. I was racking my brain for a Knight Factory stock like that. :roll: Never thought about it being a Boyds.

ShawnT said:
:d'oh!: Ok, Now I get it. I was racking my brain for a Knight Factory stock like that. :roll: Never thought about it being a Boyds.
Knight does have boyds stocks

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
Thanks I was never impressed with the stocks white used and of course almost impossible to find thumbhole. Thought about having some built to sell but not sure if worth the time money and effort.

Here's another white I restocked with a old mk-85 stock I had laying around it's my first white g-series .504 same thing had to rework action area glass bed and the whole 9 yards.
f6fc215c6e1ee1ebdc0f4650fc817292.jpg

Pic
f03e8e9d8cfe9b3adf32aa69188f23b9.jpg

Pic top view
a4e5c2117558f9e039a1d7eebf7794d2.jpg

dbowling said:
How much did you have to rework the stock to get the Bison action to fit?

Not sure if I covered this or not ? Had to relocate action screw location,fitting white trigger guard,float barrel,action bedding,carve out notch for action pull handle,carve out wood for trigger inside stock sounds like a lot but wasn't too bad!!

muzzlestuffer said:
Here's a white bison I fit into a knight thumbhole stock it took a bit of rework but came out great imo. I call it the tank due to the paint colors and the way it feels not to mention it's a .540 cal !
0f95de36c560e61556504e21ea037cfc.jpg
c8d3e8922cefe920924d16a6d1840950.jpg

Thanks I was never impressed with the stocks white used and of course almost impossible to find thumbhole. Thought about having some built to sell but not sure if worth the time money and effort.

Evening: Just got into muzzleloading and have a White Bison with a Bull barrel in .504 and found your post while looking around. The pics don't show up due to the age of the post. If you ever did have some built to sale I would be interested for sure. Thank You

I guess I only have one left but the .54 caliber Mk's I had were tapered. The one I have left is a 20" back country carbine in .54. It does not have a bull barrel.

Evening: Just got into muzzleloading and have a White Bison with a Bull barrel in .504 and found your post while looking around. The pics don't show up due to the age of the post. If you ever did have some built to sale I would be interested for sure. Thank You
Are you looking for stock or whole gun ?

Did you see the pics of the bison I built ? If not PM me your e-mail and I'll send pics I'll be willing to sell mine but not giving away I have a bunch into it. I have both original stock brand new and the thumbhole glass bed and floated barrel nitride finish,scope bases ,trigger job fyi
Thanks

I wanted a Thumbhole stock for my White Ultra Mag and found one a couple years ago. I didn't like the grayish color so after many attempts, I was able to stain it. It is a Boyds stock. I tried finding the stock via Boyds but no luck. I also wondered whether you could get one made with a 3D printer but just couldn't find any company that could do this. Has anyone else looked into 3D printing for making a gun stock. I have no idea whether the materials they use would even be strong enough for a gun stock but if it'd work, that might be an option for those of us interested.

Attachments

• 20190628_081423.jpg
    20190628_081423.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
  • White Ultra Mag.jpg
    White Ultra Mag.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 8
I wanted a Thumbhole stock for my White Ultra Mag and found one a couple years ago. I didn't like the grayish color so after many attempts, I was able to stain it. It is a Boyds stock. I tried finding the stock via Boyds but no luck. I also wondered whether you could get one made with a 3D printer but just couldn't find any company that could do this. Has anyone else looked into 3D printing for making a gun stock. I have no idea whether the materials they use would even be strong enough for a gun stock but if it'd work, that might be an option for those of us interested.
Morning: Great looking stock. I would love to find a source for the thumbhole stocks for White muzzleloaders. Did Boyds have a model number for that stock and did you have to do much work on the stock or did your White drop right in?

Steve

Thanks. Took a long time to figure out how to get a laminate stock to take stain! I couldn't find a model number and I emailed Boyds and got no response. The stock fit perfect. I bought it from a guy that had the thumbhole and original stock on a Whitetail (I believe) and I ended up selling the gun with the original stock as I just wanted the thumbhole. I looked quite a while and just couldn't find any source of getting a thumbhole other than custom so I thought maybe a 3D printer would be cool but didn't pursue it too extensively.

Back