White bison .540

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Here's a white bison I fit into a knight thumbhole stock it took a bit of rework but came out great imo. I call it the tank due to the paint colors and the way it feels not to mention it's a .540 cal !
0f95de36c560e61556504e21ea037cfc.jpg
c8d3e8922cefe920924d16a6d1840950.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

BuckDoeHunter said:
Nice looking rifle!
Thanks its a great shooter too. I have a Leopold Lps 1.5x6 on it as well as a lyman 57 smet peep sight full action bedding,floated barrel polished action and nitride finish.

How much did you have to rework the stock to get the Bison action to fit?

muzzlestuffer said:
Here's a white bison I fit into a knight thumbhole stock it took a bit of rework but came out great imo. I call it the tank due to the paint colors and the way it feels not to mention it's a .540 cal !
0f95de36c560e61556504e21ea037cfc.jpg
c8d3e8922cefe920924d16a6d1840950.jpg

That is a great looking rig! Nicely done :applause:

03mossy said:
That is a great looking rig! Nicely done :applause:
Thank you I really am proud of this one it took a lot of work to fit to this type of stock to the white action but luckily it came out great. Fyi the paint looks blotchy I probably had oil on my hands.

WV Hunter said:
That is really nice! :yeah: :yeah:
Thanks I was never impressed with the stocks white used and of course almost impossible to find thumbhole. Thought about having some built to sell but not sure if worth the time money and effort.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

muzzlestuffer said:
WV Hunter said:
Thanks I was never impressed with the stocks white used and of course almost impossible to find thumbhole. Thought about having some built to sell but not sure if worth the time money and effort.

Here's another white I restocked with a old mk-85 stock I had laying around it's my first white g-series .504 same thing had to rework action area glass bed and the whole 9 yards.
f6fc215c6e1ee1ebdc0f4650fc817292.jpg

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
WV Hunter said:

Here's another white I restocked with a old mk-85 stock I had laying around it's my first white g-series .504 same thing had to rework action area glass bed and the whole 9 yards.
f6fc215c6e1ee1ebdc0f4650fc817292.jpg

Pic
f03e8e9d8cfe9b3adf32aa69188f23b9.jpg

Great job on the stocks. Which Knight stock is that the Bison is in, LRH? Is it composite?

ShawnT said:
Great job on the stocks. Which Knight stock is that the Bison is in, LRH? Is it composite?
It's wood mk-93 with bull barrel channel which was almost perfect for the bison barrel

muzzlestuffer said:
ShawnT said:
It's wood mk-93 with bull barrel channel which was almost perfect for the bison barrel

MK or LK? I just never saw a forend like that one except on the LRH. Sure looks good though.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

ShawnT said:
muzzlestuffer said:
ShawnT said:

MK or LK? I just never saw a forend like that one except on the LRH. Sure looks good though.
I'll double check but pretty sure a boyds lk

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

muzzlestuffer said:
ShawnT said:
muzzlestuffer said:

Sorry for confusion I'll check

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: White bison .540

muzzlestuffer said:
muzzlestuffer said:
ShawnT said:

Sorry for confusion I'll check

It's a lk-93 bull barrel channel

Thanks for the clarification. Don't guess I ever saw one with a bull barrel. I have and LK in .36 cal but I am pretty sure the barrel profile is same as a regular 50 cal so it is like a bull barrel. :wink:

ShawnT said:
Thanks for the clarification. Don't guess I ever saw one with a bull barrel. I have and LK in .36 cal but I am pretty sure the barrel profile is same as a regular 50 cal so it is like a bull barrel. :wink:
I'm not 100 percent but I think the .54 cal lk was a bull barrel ?

I have no idea. I guess I assumed they are the same profile as the 50cal. Bet some one here knows.

Latest posts

Back