Your tax return

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha i meant to say whats a refund? I have not received a refund in many years. But yes I do file a return for any big brother gov't officials listening in.

2 builds already have almost all the parts, just waiting on barrels. a fast twist .36 (9.3mm krieger .358/.366) on an omega with a boyds stock. And a Brux .45 on a rem single shot action with a GRS stock (LH with a RH action inlet) ignition still undecided. I still have a rem UML, that will either end up rebarreled into a .40 or a .50 still undecided, ignition will be LRMP modules.

Maybe a Bestill .32 Omega.
May go .36 as it would be better to hunt coyotes with a maxi-ball.. and head shots on squirrels with a accurate .36 are no problem.

^^ I now think thats the way to go. ^^ barrel 1" for 8", then short and tapered well for weight. Ive tried several other methods that I can't say quite hit the mark...

dbowling said:
Maybe a Bestill .32 Omega.
May go .36 as it would be better to hunt coyotes with a maxi-ball.. and head shots on squirrels with a accurate .36 are no problem.

I am thinking of doing this very thing on another 32 with 1 in 30. 8)

I’m getting a couple things for an elk hunt. Hoping someone will use theirs to buy my Mountaineer from the classifieds so I can put this Encore together I’ve been wanting to do :mrgreen:

Damn... you guys are killing me. I'm gonna be on the watch for these Omega .32's, etc. :yeah:

I have no plans, hopefully I'll get a lil bit back. I typically get a small amount based on how we play it...if I do I'll probably buy the wife something for the house most likely. I got 2 guns last year so I'm good. :yeah:

No tax return for me, either, but I did put down a deposit today for a Bestill custom Omega. 45 cal Brux 1:20 barrel with muzzle break, custom scope rail, Boyd's Pro Varmint stock in Royal Jacaranda and Omega stainless action. Now I have to figure out what scope and rings to put on it.

Already bought my tax toy. New glass just arrived, it's a Leupold VX 6 4 X 24 X 52 CDS ZL 2 Side Focus 34 MM Illum. TMOA reticle. It was a great deal through OpticsPlanet. I got the scope for 1750.00 with a free set of Leupold Alumina lens covers (90.00 value) plus a 250.00 gift certificate from OP. I think they're still running the deal. We'll see if my UF Black Widow will rattle the guts out of this one.

No money back here! I might be looking for a new smoker. I like what I here about the ultra light. Not lots of money here but I've realized life is short. Be more towards summer. Might be asking for more info shortly. Love the forum!

2 Boyd Stocks for my son & grandson's .45 MH with Bestill Custom plugs, 1 Boyd Win. Stock for my other grandsons 30-06 and all will be bedded by myself. Then remodel our bedroom.

Ordered the new McMillan Game Warden stock and its in "the system" :partyman:

Ordered it with a 14" LOP including the Limbsaver pad, machined in pillars, ramrod channel and two sling swivels.
It will also have the fully adjustable cheek piece.

Now the 4 to 6 month possible wait. Although the rep told me he's seen them finished in as soon as 6 weeks. I know how my luck runs though.

i am going to find and pickup a white for my brother as a welcome home gift, and going to pickup a kimber for my mom for a new carry weapon.

License plates, insurance, property taxes, property insurance, and it goes on and on, oh tax return nil. No new rifles in my future.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

fishhawk2700 said:
Already bought my tax toy. New glass just arrived, it's a Leupold VX 6 4 X 24 X 52 CDS ZL 2 Side Focus 34 MM Illum. TMOA reticle. It was a great deal through OpticsPlanet. I got the scope for 1750.00 with a free set of Leupold Alumina lens covers (90.00 value) plus a 250.00 gift certificate from OP. I think they're still running the deal. We'll see if my UF Black Widow will rattle the guts out of this one.

Buy a Nightforce Greg then you won't have to worry about it ! Lol let me know how you get along with the new VX6 HD .

Latest posts

Back