Remington Filing For Bankruptcy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are looking for financing to allow them to file... $950 Mill in debt, After the last decade of record guns and ammo sales. They had to be trying to run that ship aground. When an umbrella company,(like cerberus/feinstein) crashes one company, like that, yet still maintains buying and acquisition of more companies. I dont really think the public should be held responsible for the loss, especially under such questionable results and a 200 year history. I see it as yet another example of corruption in big business and the system. Its monopoly at the highest level. when you run 6 businesses, that all feed off the largest, and run it into the ground, you should not be able to keep the other 5(or 50 or..) after a bailout, or the rules of the game should be changed. That whole thing stinks to me. Maybe it was buying all the competition, just to shut off the lights, or a recent drop on in QC/CS satisfaction, or.. This whole mindset of govt assistance has gone over the deep end

There's some top people walking away with fat pockets on this one. just milking it for all it has then run when its time to pay.

a1smokepole said:
There's some top people walking away with fat pockets on this one. just milking it for all it has then run when its time to pay.

Nailed it, it's what they do!

So, what will happen to Remington Arms now? They'll just have all their debts forgiven and pick right up where they left off, right?

Some one will most likely buy whats left of it in the end. Sad!

It is sad. I guess I’ve always considered myself a Remington guy. First gun I bought was a Remington model 552 Speed Master 22. Still have it. Then I bought an 1100, then a 700 BDL in 7mm Remington magnum. All the basics and I’m covered for anything in North America. I’ve added other brands since those 3 but I still consider those my babies.
Actually the 1100 was replaced with an 11-87.
Oh! I also had an 870 turkey gun.
Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other firearms companies have declared bankruptcy in the past and often came out of it. Someone will buy it for a large discount but keep the name, get to the core items and keep going.

Isn't this the second time they've filed? Ok, tradition is tradition, etc but honestly is this really a surprise? Their products and qc since the late very early 2000's have been absolute crap. Embarrassing actually. I can't tell you how many people I've steered away from buying Rem when there are much better, better built options out there.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of wondering about the rebate I'm supposed to be getting back from a pistol I bought at the end of last year.

I was disappointed to see my Beretta Pico .380 pistol rebate turn out to be a $50 debit card. I wanted a check that I could turn into cold, hard cash.

Don't really keep track of all this stuff, sad to hear. Don't know what to think of all this! As far as shotguns that's what I've always shot-- yes I'm a remington guy! Have had 1187 for probably 25 yrs. It fits me great and I shoot it as well as any!

IAMBEAGLER said:
Don't really keep track of all this stuff, sad to hear. Don't know what to think of all this! As far as shotguns that's what I've always shot-- yes I'm a remington guy! Have had 1187 for probably 25 yrs. It fits me great and I shoot it as well as any!

I have always been a BIG Remington Fan, i have owned a BUNCH of Model 700s over the years, I currently have 1 in .308 Win. I use to shoot/compete in Trap, An 1100 Remington was 1 of my favorite Shotguns.

I have little faith in the news, Matter of fact I haven’t watched TV in over 6 years now, From what i read sales are at an all time low, I read when Obama was in office and some form of a shooting took place, sales went through the roof (I remember this well) And Now that Trump is in office gun sales have plummeted Due to folks not “Fear Buying” pretty sad state of affairs when our Country is ran off of fear

you don't need to watch the news. Journalism died in the early '70s. Now its just propaganda. Just watch the movie wag the dog, Its the same thing as watching the news today.

Remington shotguns have always fit me nicely 1100, 1187 and 870's. Have been eyeballing one of the V3's but not sure now.

Squeeze said:
you don't need to watch the news. Journalism died in the early '70s. Now its just propaganda. Just watch the movie wag the dog, Its the same thing as watching the news today.
:lol: sad but very true....

Love my Remingtons! Rifles and shotguns and even ammo. I doubt they will go away completely, I guess we'll see. Sad that they got run into the ground. Unfortunately it happens to many companies that get bought up by these big corporations that have no clue how to run that particular type of business.

Back