600 gr No Excuses 50 cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well they finally are available. 50 cal . No Excuses in 600 gr . I have a couple hundred coming . I am sure they will be great for the White Boys but I will let you know .

Not sure what you are using for powder but Swiss 1 1/2 about 90 grains, works good in 24 twist

dbowling said:
ordered a box to try, will be like shooting a shotgun slug from a muzzleloader.

Yep, in my opinion not real fun! I have a 650 Grain bullet mold for my fast twist 54s, i don’t have much use for it, although it does shoot VERY well if you can tolerate the Recoil

hey Lewis you wouldnt be interested in selling a few of those 650 54 cal by chance would ya?

Should be no problem for a #11 cap, I've seen that weight percussion 50cal side hammers at Oak Ridge.. One thing about big heavies - just get them going and the mass will continue on-&-on...
45cal was shooting some 600gr PP a while back in a 50 1:24.
My 12b shooting a 850gr with 75gr of Swiss at 950fps is very comfortable to shoot (I did noticed it when I got to 120gr - but that's not needed). Stock design may play a small role too..
You'll have some good fun and Good luck.

I've been casting my own 600 's for a while they are very accurate over 90 grs pp and felt wad sized at 504

Back