White Rifles Conicals BCs.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Today I picked four represenative conicals to calculate the BC. The BC is the average of three shots fired thru two ProChrono chronographs simultaneously that were 100yds apart for each bullet. All calculations were done with Load from a Disk Version 4.0. The charge was always 80gr fffg Triple Se7en used in each of two White Rifles 97s.

.451s
Bullshop 420gr- 0.268
No Excuses 495gr- 0.326

.504s
Bobs NEW 496gr- 0.241
No Excuses 460gr- 0.202

These BCs are dedicated to Underclocked! 8)

no, noticed it when Chuck first put it up. Just took me that long to show my appreciation. :wink: :D

2001007068620813634_rs.jpg

Stompie,

They are a rifle that was designed by Doc White, they are probably the best full bore conical rifle built in recent history. The Company has changed hands several times, and has not produced a production rifle for around 3 years I believe. It was not due to the design or quality of the rifle, the company management has not been very good, to say the least. The rifles were and are made to last a lifetime, and I would imagine that my future grandkids and their kids will be shooting mine long after I am gone.

This is Doc Whites site, you will get more information here than you can read in one sitting. They have several of the models on Doc's Site but not all of them. Take a look!

http://www.whitemuzzleloading.com/

This is the defunked White Rifles Site, I guess he has some parts and bullets.

http://www.whiterifles.com/

thanks man what great looking guns they are. Well thats something to aim for.

White bullets

Thought I had a box I got with a white rifle but was mistaken sorry I must have sold them? if I had them I would have offered them free. My Bad. Pro

White Rifle

I have 2 G series White rifles, a .451 that I have had for years and I recently picked up a .504.
I have the .504 on the classifieds,Should I keep it? Which is better.
I have killed moose and deer with the .451, did a fine job.
Thanks
Nit Wit

Well, I have three White .451's and one 504 that I too may be selling if that is any indication. Both calibers are excellent. Its a tough decision, but for the game I hunt the .451 does everything I could possibly ask it to do.

Ed

I guess thats how I feel, but that .504 feels nice too, but I don't need it. I probably have fifty or so various ml's. I'm a sick man!
Nit Wit

I was always curious on the BC of the .504 bullet. I shoot Jeff's 495's Trashcans in both of my Whites

target was shot from 100yards with 80 gr. pyrodex rs with Jeff's aka Batchiefs Trashcans. Shot from Doc's Super 91-II .504
the flyer was a Barnes 300gr MZ Expanders, I can tell it didnt like them @ all. I knew it wouldnt.

Don, Jeff's Trashcans are hard to beat and can handle any critter within the US/Canada and elsewhere. Your group is typical of what Jeff use to post with his targets.

thats why I like using them. I havent experienced anything better. Does Jeff come on this forum at all......havent talked with Jeff in years.

ArkansasDon said:
thats why I like using them. I havent experienced anything better. Does Jeff come on this forum at all......havent talked with Jeff in years.

Only if you post clickers. :mrgreen:

Seriously now, he stops in here on occasion. You can surely find him over at DWB's.

Good shooting, but typical with a White.

your very much correct typical for a White. I didnt know DWB was still going? Havent been on their at least 4 or more yrs

Glad to see you doing well, and shooting those things, Don! Looks like that rifle still likes them Trashcans! You can reach me here via PM,,,as I check in almost daily. :yeah:

thanks Jeff, glad to chat with ya yesterday and thanks for the permission to peruse the BC on your bullet.

You guys are really tempting me to shoot my White Super 91 in .504. I still have it NIB in SS with grey laminate stock, Warne bases and rings and a Bushnell Scopechief IV 3-9x. I'm really thinking about selling it but you guys are making it hard for when you keep saying how good they shoot. I have 40 saboted bullets, some 420 gr conicals and a brand new box of 50 Bull Shop conicals sized to .5045" just waiting to be shot.

Latest posts

Back