There might Be Blood

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underclocked

Reaction score
Took my G2 Contender 209x45 completely apart to make sure everything was clean and in order. I've decided that wee little rifle is absolutely perfect as a test bed and for use of Blackhorn 209. The breech plug is short, has a dished in face, and has three holes for flame to pass through.

So I'm going to shoot it next outing using some 200 grain XTPs, some 275 grain PunyBelts, and some knurled 260 grain conicals (to see if it hang fires). Intend to up the charge to 100 grains by volume and There might Be Blood. :shock:

Isn't like it would be the first time. :oops:

I TOO think that is the perfect muzzleloader for BH209! I predict no issues whatsoever and certainly no BLOOD.....THIS time! :wink:

UC you might try some thing that at least sound like it should shoot out of that nice little gun, maybe some 200gr SW? Lee

Good luck with your rifle.. I only saw one once in the flesh and I thought it was a neat looking rifle. I never thought of the recoil in that rifle. I bet that little rifle snorts good..

I will be interested to see how well it shoots Black Horn. My rifles sure like the stuff.

I've put a Simms on it since I last shot it, but it isn't really the rearward kick that gets you. It likes to rear up and smack me between the eyes. :)

Lee, send me some. :wink:

Contender G2 209x50 or 45

I see this is an old thread........
but does anyone else have a 209x50?
Would like any and all tips

Back