Jeff Hankins LRMP for APEX and others

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Jeff makes some very interesting LRMP modules and breach plugs. Notice in the video how easy these sabotless Parkers load and how well the 55gr of 4198 ignites even without a wad.

[youtube]Xp8MBgOoSYg[/youtube]

The conversion is about $350 with labor, 25 modules and 2 plugs. IMO it makes the .473 (308Win ect) cut down brass modules look antique. His modules last far longer than cut down rifle or pistol brass and you wont get the flame cutting.

I've talked with Jeff. He will be converting my Bullberry Encore barrel in 45-70 gov't to accept his primer system. I will also be sending him my Encore barrel drop plus my RemPac 700 drop to make into a set of combination smooth-full form sizing dies.

At this time i dont think there is another better option for Encore or Apex LRMP conversions. He also does one for BH209 and subs ONLY in a 45cal black powder only barrel. He made one recently for Bob Parker along with an Encore 45/70 conversion.

Did you see Jeff's other video of a Rem700 reliably igniting super easy loading light bullets with 4198? He shot from 180gr to 230gr bullets that loaded with little more than finger pressure.

BTW Bob Parker has released a new Match Hunter E-MAX in 270gr with the same jacket as the BE series (.015"). The thin jacket will be nice for those not wanting the tougher MHs and they should obturate faster with milder loads.

http://parker-productions-llc.myshopify ... nter-e-max

Ive been kind of watching him for a while now, wasnt sure at first, but he kind of grew on me. He has some pretty good innovations, and he puts his stuff up for trial and comparison, to anyone, anywhere at anytime.

I watch Jeff's posts with great interest. I never saw much value in the LRMP systems and i was a skeptic.

I think this one shows a lot of promise. I assume by just switching to regular large rifle primers in the same modules may benefit subs that are easy to ignite also. Ive been considering something like this in my Savage but the only one ive seen is Cecils. His still has the long flame channel which might be a problem with some powders.

Jeff does not make a Savage LRMP conversion yet but he has started making drop in replacement 209 plugs for them.

Back