match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

long shot

Reaction score
anyone on here interested in a sml match . it would be at 300 400 500 yds.

Yes and i will be attending ky challenge August15 if want me to take a poll there

Im guessing there would be several SML owners on Dougs that would enjoy it. You might cringe at the loads some of them shoot though.

Imagine a 416 SML shooting a 350gr-400gr as fast as a 416 centerfire or a 458 shooting a 275gr bullet over 3000fps. :shock:

It looks something like this

375 gr bullet in .416 moving at 3085 fps
[youtube]P06E9gBtEXQ[/youtube]

275gr BE in a 450x458 at 3000fps+
[youtube]Y6KUKi0-gTs[/youtube]

I assume they wouldn't mind shooting at targets? I think maybe the Range at Friendship could be used. I'm not familiar with what your Match format is. Maybe Bestill could help out.

This is current "match" situation outside of Friendship. Jeff challenged any and all makers/manufacturers of ML to send a representative or team to the original challenge and only custom SML rifle smiths and guys with home smithed/assembled SML guns took the challenge. It's pretty stiff competition. Dougs is the place to be for all the best/new stuff for SML. W

http://dougsmessageboards.proboards.com ... shoot-date

I think fivebull is kinda polling to see who interested. Im going to my 3rd ky challenge August15th and will be cking the interest of a friendship challenge

Not trying to step on any toes. Kentucky match is its own match. I was just thinking maybe sml guys would like another place to hold a match, out to 500 yds. You test the rifles , I was just trying to see if shooters wanted to compete

Fivebull i believe the sml guys will definitely be interested. These guys work very hard building works of art rifles that are definitely ultra builds and im sure they would love another opportunity to put there builds to the test. And id love to see it and believe it would blow peoples minds to see the capabilities of these ultra modern muzzleloaders. First ky challenge i was blowed away that a 1 moa group at 300 yds will put you near the bottom of pack. Winner shot .127 his 100 yd and 200 yd moa added together was still under1 moa

There appears to be some interest on Dougs. I really hope this pans out for everyone involved. The build quality of these rifles is really super.

Rick Bibby would be so happy to see something like this happen if he was still around. Much of we know today about 45cal SMLs is because of him. It would be a great tribute to his legacy.

Back