.45 caliber OTM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! great swaging tutorial. I looked into some Corbin stuff a while back. But I just dont have the time and space for everything I might want. :D Looks like you are well on the way. :yeah:

Glad to see you are back making bullets Keith! Hope to see more testing soon.

A friend of mine has been testing these bullets for me and killed the first deer with one. Said it did massive damage to the thoracic cavity. Shot was 236yds thru both shoulders.

I did not realize or forgot those were your bullets. Excellent results.

Now that I got this Brux barrel sorted out and feeling good about it I decided to drop test the BOMBs again. After verifying the Bushnell LRHS on a tall target test last week I swapped it over to the SML for torture testing. Today was 72°F and breezy, great day for shooting.

I had 4 of the Bad Bull version of the 275 Parker BE so I used them to get the new optic zeroed. First round was a half mil low and half mil left. I made a correction and shot the next three (far left). I loaded up and shot three of the 316gn BOMB to establish POI (middle), then shot a 300gn BOMB to establish off-set if any (right):

The 316gn bullet was .5 MOA low and the 300gn bullet was 1.5 low. At 302yds I shot 3 of each, measued drop, subtracted off-set, and calculated come-ups in MOA. I was on track for two, sub-half minute groups but missed a wind call (I get a lot of swirl on the last 1/3 of the range):

316gn bullets were cruising at 2622fps and 300gn bullets at 2685fps. It was really sunny and breezy today and I got some bigger ES numbers than I usually get so I am going to try this again later in the week toward dark and stretch it out to 500yds if nobody in on the range. I still need to shoot them further but I'm running a G1 BC in the .4s and was off by .1MoA on drop at 300yds

Today was overcast so I hit the range again to re-chrono those loads since I got garbage readings the other day:

FF bullets were shooting 2687fps with an SD of 16fps
SF bullets were shooting 2655fps with an SD of 9fps

The SF bullets shoot slower but have lower deviations (the ES for the SF bullet was the same as the SD for the FF bullet) but I would assume that has largely to do with my sizing and seating consistency. The SF also shoot a little bigger groups (.625 MoA compared to .3-4 MoA for FF) but who really cares.

Did anyone get me a LabRadar for X-mas?

looks like you might be learning to make bullets. Amazing bump up just like the old time ones ( Lead )

Latest posts

Back